Recall Wait Times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? My truck showed up at dealer last week and has been sitting for recall. The rivets are not my issue, my truck does not have the insulation on it at all. Now the dealer is talking to ford to see if they can release the truck and get parts after. This was a 6/15 order, 10/14 production, 1/30 Shipped truck. Ford is really sucking.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We discussed the recall before the truck arrived, then once the truck got to the dealership, we discussed it again.

However, the folks doing the PDI dropped the ball. I was in the truck about to leave when the GM came running out and check with the saleman to make sure it was done. After some checking, they took the truck away. Took about 45 minutes until I was back in the truck pulling out of the lot.

Tusk

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer and they said they ran my VIN and no recall was needed. My truck went into production on 10/1 and is still in Dearborn.

Would it be possible that they did the recall in Dearborn? I mean, it has been sitting for 4 1/2 months.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealership today-did an inspection-said no work needed and they were very specific about what they were looking for to determine if a fix was needed or not. They did say they were waiting on parts and they would be shipped in bulk to the dealer for the trucks that were needed and expected next week so it is not like they couldn't deliver. I actually have known the service manager for a number of years and I do trust him too.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had their truck delivered to the dealership, just to have to wait for the recall to be fixed? If so, how long did you have to wait? My dealership said the parts that are needed would take "maybe a week" to get.

What are other people experiencing?
I looked under my truck after I received the recall letter and all my insulation is secure and I’ve had the truck for 4 months. I’m gonna wait until they call me and have the supplies instock for the repair