Recall Wait Times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had their truck delivered to the dealership, just to have to wait for the recall to be fixed? If so, how long did you have to wait? My dealership said the parts that are needed would take "maybe a week" to get.

What are other people experiencing?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI... I contacted my dealer and he said the parts are on order for my VIN (I asked him to order them)... my truck hasn't shipped yet. They should be able to get the parts before your truck arrives... at least the rivets to secure the insulation. If you have been driving it... different story, as those may require other parts due to damage.

OP
OP
M

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI... I contacted my dealer and he said the parts are on order for my VIN (I asked him to order them)... my truck hasn't shipped yet. They should be able to get the parts before your truck arrives... at least the rivets to secure the insulation. If you have been driving it... different story, as those may require other parts due to damage.
I wish I would have thought of that weeks ago! The truck arrived at the dealership yesterday so the driving would only be what is needed for production/shipment. I can't believe that dealerships don't have a stockpile of rivets available to use seeing that the vast majority of new F150 both on the road or coming in will need, at minimum, rivets to secure the insulation.

AnMiHend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines currently sitting at the dealership as well with the parts ordered for the recall with a delivery of TBD. The dealership says it can range from 3 days to someday for the parts to show up as they are VIN specific. It's been 3 weeks lol.