Possible near future recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my tire rotation the other day and dropped spare to check it out. While under truck I always look things over. Noticed loose heat tape on wire bundle above exhaust and broken zip tie that has a frame attachment. Before you beat me up, yes I can fix it with proper parts, which I didn’t have on hand. Anyway, made appointment and service guy thinks there is a recall on it as well as other vehicles. Thought I should get a letter soon, really just a heavy duty zip tie that looks big enough to go around the frame. Just something to look for. Since I am here, fixing it to factory specs till I get recall letter. Can cause wire chaffing if not addressed.

Attachments

• IMG_5178.jpeg
    IMG_5178.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 113

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a recall on the single exhaust f-150s for a similar issue but this is the first I’ve seen on a raptor. I’m no ford tech but I haven’t noticed that issue under my spare

OP
OP
787Jet

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The zip ties that they are using for the recall are heavy duty and looks long enough to go around entire frame. The ones holding the wire bundle do seem light weight. May just be a random thing, but add to your inspection list.

MedCityRaptor

Reaction score
My 21 Raptor had a recall for loose heat shielding that can hit the driveshaft. Not sure if it’s the same thing you are talking about. They had to put rivets in it.

OP
OP
787Jet

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if service manager even knew what he was talking about. It’s a wire bundle that appears to run to the tow package and I assume tail lights. I didn’t follow the bundle. It runs inside the frame, diver’s side and above exhaust. Could have come from the factory that way. I just noticed after dropping the spare. Heat tape around it was unraveling and I noticed broken zip tie as well. I haven’t crawled under the truck to inspect their fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter