Rear Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove the WSI rig to work today. The rear springs ride incredibly great! I have also been in this truck at TRR(See pic above I was in the passanger seat).

I will be getting a set of rears very soon from WSI!

Mviohl311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm set at mid perch right now with stockers and its level, but I like a little rake in my truck so I think I'll leave it mid perch and 2.5 in the back with the wsi's... And nick I think I'm gunna order them this week so when they get here and I throw them in I'll hit u up

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Buddy. If I like the ride and the way the truck sits I may be doing them this winter

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same market. I have the national standard duty, and they have served me well. I have out grown them and need some HDs.

I'm considering both WSI and the Nationals through RPG. From what I'm learning, the WSI pack is pretty strong, meaning you will need weight in your bed when going off road. But towing will be no problem. Also they are probably arched a bit more than the Nationals. Both have good bushings.

If you're just looking for towing capacity, you could go with the add-a-leaf option. This would be your cheapest option.

Lastly, I think sdhq offers bags.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Where does one find these AAL's that you speak of?!

I've been looking and can't find any. I had a set from Rancho on my last F150, but they don't make a set for the Rapor.

Will standard F150 AAL's work on our trucks?

I'm on mid perch and the truck is just about level, but I want more height out of the rear end. Especially when I load a sled or fourwheeler in the bed. I hate the high front end/saggy ass look. It looks white trash.

Air bags are out. Full set of springs are out due to price.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same market. I have the national standard duty, and they have served me well. I have out grown them and need some HDs.

I'm considering both WSI and the Nationals through RPG. From what I'm learning, the WSI pack is pretty strong, meaning you will need weight in your bed when going off road. But towing will be no problem. Also they are probably arched a bit more than the Nationals. Both have good bushings.

If you're just looking for towing capacity, you could go with the add-a-leaf option. This would be your cheapest option.

Lastly, I think sdhq offers bags.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

I bought and installed Deavers + 2, when I added my chase rack, 2 tires, Powertank, jack and all the other stuff it added 700 lbs to my bed that I did not originally account for.
My choices were to either send my springs back to Deaver to rework, or buy new HD's from them or national.
The cost of those options were stupid. I spoke to the folks at Deaver and determined that the only difference between there HD and standard springs were an extra main spring. I got the specs from them and had a local spring shop make and install an extra spring. The truck sat an inch higher in the rear until the rack was installed and it then settled in. That fix cost me $300 out the door.
Look at all your options.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I m thinking for some +2 leaf spring, my truck kicks like a dunkey on the slow bump at the street, front end works really well with mid perch and swaybars disconnect, but rear is crap. Looking to smooth the ride a bit.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where does one find these AAL's that you speak of?!

I've been looking and can't find any. I had a set from Rancho on my last F150, but they don't make a set for the Rapor.

Will standard F150 AAL's work on our trucks?

I'm on mid perch and the truck is just about level, but I want more height out of the rear end. Especially when I load a sled or fourwheeler in the bed. I hate the high front end/saggy ass look. It looks white trash.

Air bags are out. Full set of springs are out due to price.

The AAL is like what Biggest said, get a spring shop to make you one. There is an extensive thread on this subject, but it hasn't been talked about for a while.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also reduced the nitrogen fill in my bumps from 200 psi to 90 psi.