Rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has gone out to.

I have made 2 different appointments with the local Ford dealer and they have yet to even look at the truck. Both times I made the service appointment 3 or more days in advance, gave them the truck for over 5 hours, and when I showed up to pick up the truck, they claimed "they got busy and didn't get to it". Nice...

It sounds like it's time for me to get involved, HarkinBanks. PM your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll push this up the chain and have your regional customer service manager contact you.

Crystal

HarkinBanks

Reaction score
Thank you Crystal (and Anwar) for your help on this. Local Ford Dealer finally looked at the truck, diagnosed an issue with the Rear Window, and is replacing it.

Without your help, I don't know if I would have been able to resolve the issue.

Best

HB

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you Crystal (and Anwar) for your help on this. Local Ford Dealer finally looked at the truck, diagnosed an issue with the Rear Window, and is replacing it.

Without your help, I don't know if I would have been able to resolve the issue.

Best

HB

Happy to help, HB! If you need my assistance in the future, I'm always just a PM away. :)

Crystal

HarkinBanks

Reaction score
Thanks Crystal!!!!

My Rear Window was replaced just last week. It's starting to get cold here in Wydaho, so just in time.

I'll keep everyone posted.

HB

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Crystal!!!!

My Rear Window was replaced just last week. It's starting to get cold here in Wydaho, so just in time.

I'll keep everyone posted.

HB

You're welcome, HB! I'm glad to hear that you're all fixed up. Stay warm! :)

Crystal

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add another one to the club, :( going to stop by the dealer when time allows and have them take a look at it.

SVO 85

Reaction score
Add me to the no light on the defroster team. I don't really care about the rear window but the mirror defrost is nice to have.

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost thought I was in the same boat, but I realized I swapped out my map lights with LED from crown offroad. So I opened my sliding glass window and closed it and the light came on for me. Not saying everyone's is like that but to perform my own troubleshooting. I open and closed the window a few times to insure the window was complete closed before I went to the dealership with the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter