Rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's going on. I don't use it often if at all since i live in Florida but i noticed the rear defrost doesn't work lately. Not sure if something came loose around the window or what.

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably needs the whole rear window replaced. Sort of a common problem. If you push the rea deforst button does the light turn on then off?

OP
OP
ThomasL

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably needs the whole rear window replaced. Sort of a common problem. If you push the rea deforst button does the light turn on then off?

It doesn't come on at all. No biggie luckily. Truck will never see ice. I sometimes like using it when the windows are wet or a little foggy which is rarely. I might take it to ford anyway as it should still be under warranty.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't come on at all. No biggie luckily. Truck will never see ice. I sometimes like using it when the windows are wet or a little foggy which is rarely. I might take it to ford anyway as it should still be under warranty.

Sounds like a smart next step to me, ThomasL. How many miles are on your Raptor? Tell us how the appointment goes; I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you need my assistance.

Crystal

OP
OP
ThomasL

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a smart next step to me, ThomasL. How many miles are on your Raptor? Tell us how the appointment goes; I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you need my assistance.

Crystal

Around 25k miles. I'll update this post once i get it sorted out. Thanks

cjf1001

Reaction score
Just recently had the same issue @ 30k miles. Both my father-in-law and dad have had the same problems. Only way to fix seems to be replace the entire back window.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Around 25k miles. I'll update this post once i get it sorted out. Thanks

Thanks, ThomasL; I'll check in here to see when you have news.

Just recently had the same issue @ 30k miles. Both my father-in-law and dad have had the same problems. Only way to fix seems to be replace the entire back window.

Hi cjf1001,

Did you already have your defrost repaired or are you holding off for now? I'm here to help.

Crystal

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem after a rain storm in Florida the windows get foggy so I went to use it and the light on the button wouldn't turn on:mad:

cjf1001

Reaction score
Thanks, ThomasL; I'll check in here to see when you have news.

Hi cjf1001,

Did you already have your defrost repaired or are you holding off for now? I'm here to help.

Crystal

Crystal
I got mine repaired a few weeks ago. Seems there trouble getting them.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same problem after a rain storm in Florida the windows get foggy so I went to use it and the light on the button wouldn't turn on:mad:

Hi Spencer4336,

Your dealer will make sure you're seeing clearly again; do you have plans to visit them soon? What's your Raptor's model year/mileage?

Crystal
I got mine repaired a few weeks ago...

I'm glad that this has already been resolved, cjf1001! If you need any help in the future, feel free to reach out.

Crystal