Tailgate Stuck!!! 2022 Electronic Tailgate Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a LineX or Rhino liner? My LineX was sprayed on super thick and the tailgate wouldn’t close without me forcing it, then it didn’t want to come back down. I had to trim some of the bedliner where it was contacting.
I have the Ford Spray in liner, it was sprayed in thick for sure but I don’t think it’s the issue in my case

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford Spray in liner, it was sprayed in thick for sure but I don’t think it’s the issue in my case
If you have the factory liner it’s likely not the issue. Hope you find the reason

Last edited:

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my bed, there’s a 400watt inverter in the rear driver side of the bed, where is the access panel located? If you had pictures that might help
My 18 has a panel on front side of the tailgate (bunch of Torq bolts) to access the internal tailgate components. Spray in bedliner will make getting bolts out a PIA due to bedliner in the torq bolt heads.

gweaver10

Reaction score
I also am having issues with my tailgate not shutting. What I discovered is that the pull out step is not going back in all the way preventing the tailgate from shutting. If I push it in just an 1/8” the tailgate will then shut properly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thank the GODS that Ford saw fit to upgrade downgrade the inexpensive, reliable Jen Too tailgate step with clearly superior, bundled with the 2000 dollar moon roof auto magic tailgate.

200.gif

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pushed the cable around a bit to see if that could help but no luck….

I did get a confirmation though on what happened last, my wife said the button was used last to open the tailgate, when the button was pressed to close it it beeped and wouldn’t close, so she manually lifted it up and closed it. It’s been stuck closed beeping ever since….
Theres your problem right there…