Rear defrost not working

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by ThomasL, Sep 13, 2015.

1. tplee

tplee Full Access Member

...And for the times you actually want to see out the rear window? Call me crazy, but I actually want the electronics in my $60,000 truck to work.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    SueBob likes this.
  2. Hotsauce2719

Hotsauce2719 Full Access Member

So the heated mirrors and rear defroster no longer work on my 2014 SCREW. Took it to my dealer here in Prattville, AL and they said the entire window would have to be replaced and my extended warranty didn't cover. I read all of this thread and it appeared that the Ford service folks aren't around anymore?

3. WRCRaptor

WRCRaptor FRF Addict

I had my rear window replaced on my Ford ESP. They did not want to do it because they said it did not cover glass, but the glass was not the issue it was the defrost element so I pushed and got it covered. I had a 50/50 chance so I really pushed them, maybe the squeaky wheel got the grease that time. If have Ford ESP and If they still resist ask to escalate the claim. Good luck.

4. Hotsauce2719

Hotsauce2719 Full Access Member

Thank you WRC Raptor! I think I am just going to take your advice and ask them to elevate. I called Ford Service direct and that didn't seem to help.

5. kid icarus

kid icarus Full Access Member

Just a reminder that Ford has no "updated" part that corrects this problem. The only solution is to disable the rear defrost permanently.