Rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost thought I was in the same boat, but I realized I swapped out my map lights with LED from crown offroad. So I opened my sliding glass window and closed it and the light came on for me. Not saying everyone's is like that but to perform my own troubleshooting. I open and closed the window a few times to insure the window was complete closed before I went to the dealership with the issue.

I'm almost positive that the first time I ran into this problem, it was dirty contacts on the slider. Not sure about the second time though. It would sucks if Ford was replacing these, when all they had to do was clean the contacts.

dhawks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. My rear defroster stopped working about 2 months ago. 2013 with under 18,000 miles. Fortunately, it has been a very humane winter in Boston so far this year, but that won't last.

Novak94

Reaction score
Mine stopped working about 3 weeks ago. 2013 supercab with 31,000 miles on it. Looks like i will be scheduling a visit to the dealer...

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that the first time I ran into this problem, it was dirty contacts on the slider. Not sure about the second time though. It would sucks if Ford was replacing these, when all they had to do was clean the contacts.

I had the defrost issue, turned out with mine the contacts were just a little bent, so weren't making a good connection with the frame. It was really fiddly to tighten them up (ended up making a makeshift tool from a paint stirrer) but several weeks later all is now working well.

My symptoms were it would only intermittently come on then switch off off again after short but inconsistent amount of time.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the club mine stopped working about 3 weeks ago. 2013 SCREW with less than 11,000 miles on it. Looks like I will be scheduling a visit to the dealer and my warranty just ran out a month ago.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are staring to see some low 40s at night and this is the time most of us find out the defrost is not working.

Novak94

Reaction score
Add me to the club mine stopped working about 3 weeks ago. 2013 SCREW with less than 11,000 miles on it. Looks like I will be scheduling a visit to the dealer and my warranty just ran out a month ago.

The warranty claim to replace the rear window and horn on mine was $1,100 :crazy:

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are staring to see some low 40s at night and this is the time most of us find out the defrost is not working.

I sure could have used the defrost this morning at least for my mirrors. I wonder if it would be worth contacting the dealer regarding this issue since it is an inherent defect.