Cargo lights and lighting under rearview mirrors not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
just noticed that the lights under the rear view mirrors don't come on either.
Lights under mirrors? Do you mean the turn signals in the mirror? I don’t know of anything under the mirrors like puddle lights if that’s what you mean. Never seen that between my 2010, my buddies 2012 platinum, or his girlfriends 2013 FX4. Is it something aftermarket that could have just failed at the same time as the 3rd brake light?

OP
OP
Nesc204

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights under mirrors? Do you mean the turn signals in the mirror? I don’t know of anything under the mirrors like puddle lights if that’s what you mean. Never seen that between my 2010, my buddies 2012 platinum, or his girlfriends 2013 FX4. Is it something aftermarket that could have just failed at the same time as the 3rd brake light?
Yes, the Puddle lights if thats what there called. There stock.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Interesting. Surprised between the three loaded F150s I’m with on a daily basis, none have puddle lights

OP
OP
Nesc204

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did a scan and I got B12C2 Puddle Lamp code and a B2312 Mirror Hoizontal Feed Back Potentiometer Fail. I cleared the codes and Everything is working now. The Puddle lights and the cargo lights are on the same circuit. Im thinking the main cause of all this is my drivers side door harness as I found exposed wires when I pulled the boot back. Going to get a new harness some day. I have had my windows not go up and down before and I wiggled the harness and they start working again. Now back to my backup camera issue. Uuuuuuuugh

OP
OP
Nesc204

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Old-Raptor-guy well for now I'm pretty sure I have the puddle lights and cargo lights figured out. Any knowledge on the Back up Camera? It will turn on then shut off then turn on then off, again and again. I just changed the jumper harness and no change. Not going to shot gun a Camera or rearview mirror as those are Very expensive. Lol. My connectors look really good at the jumper harness connections

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Alright! One down. Probably once you get that harness addressed you will see improvement on the camera situation.

OP
OP
Nesc204

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright! One down. Probably once you get that harness addressed you will see improvement on the camera situation.
I don't think the door harness will have anything to do with the camera. The door harness branches off to the mirrors wich also is tied into the cargo lights. This backup camera is frustrating though. Amazing how much we all depend on them now. My truck never had reverse sensors so the camera is the only thing preventing me from hitting anything that is between the viewing area of the mirrors

OP
OP
Nesc204

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update if anyone interested. I saw on a YouTube video apparently this is common with all types of f150s. There's a connector rt by the E brake cable that has yellow wires. Unplugged it and replug it and as of now the camera is working again. Also did a thorough inspection and found no issues before I reconnected it