Rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Where are the contacts on the window slider and how can you access them to clean the contacts properly?

I have the same issue, the light doesn't even light up on the defrost button anymore but the mirrors appear to defrost.

Last year I sprayed brake clean where I thought the contacts were and opened and closed the window several times and it worked after that until I opened the window slider again.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rear defroster stopped working this morning. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow as my warranty expires a week before thanksgiving.

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the rear window under warranty.

Thanks!
Daemon

BRAAAPTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Probably needs the whole rear window replaced. Sort of a common problem. If you push the rea deforst button does the light turn on then off?

I just picked up a 2011 SCrew w/61k a couple weeks ago and yesterday I found out my Rear Window defroster doesn't work either. Mine is like you described....I push the button and the light comes on momentarily then goes out. I tried opening then closing the slider to no avail. I'll look at cleaning the contacts tomorrow.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer is replacing my back window under warranty. Does anyone know if they addressed the problem with the replacement?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my dealer just called and they said they need me to drive there for them to take a picture of my window so ford will warranty it. My dealer is good to work with but it's 45 min drive for me. This sucks!!!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my dealer just called and they said they need me to drive there for them to take a picture of my window so ford will warranty it. My dealer is good to work with but it's 45 min drive for me. This sucks!!!

You can't take a pic and send it to them? That's what I did when my 3rd brake light LED burned out.....

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking about that. Thanks for the suggestion

I also did it with a steering wheel issues I had on my Chevy. I'm like you, both my Ford and Chevy dealers that I trust are like a 50 mile drive.....

Good luck. Remind them that you are the customer!!!