Rear Camera - poor resolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've become addicted to the heads-up/holographic display in my M5 and would love to see that technology incorporated into other cars. Obviously, my comment concerning Ford and the Raptor was a joke but just imagine the possibilities of combining Infiniti's 360 degree view with a heads-up display...

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but, I have absolutely no issue with the quality of the camera. My quality is no better than anyone else's, it's just that I don't see the need to have an HD plasma like resolution from a backup camera. I think Ford would've been able to get a "better" camera but for what? A higher price? That would get passed on to the customer to pay more for......add that to all the other little tidbits that some say they wish were there and it does just that, adds up. I have no issues seeing, identifying and adjusting accordingly with anything I see in my camera, it's juuuuust fine.

*Of course, REAL technical difficulties are another issue:)
SOCOMech,
What has been discussed here is a difference in resolution/clarity between the 2010 and the 2011 models. With your vehicle being a 2010, you would have the better clarity. Apparently, the clarity on the 2011's is even worse when viewed through the NAV.
So, if your camera is no better than anyone else's, then the cameras on the 2011's are even worse and it's not that Ford should spend more $ to buy better cameras. It is that Ford has made the decision to buy crappy cameras in order to save $ on the 2011's.
Of Course this is all speculation but, I think that this is what were discussing here. Any thoughts?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we need a National FRF meet and have a tailgate swapping party and just see what happens. Maybe it's the freakin' software inside the head unit. Ya never know...

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, nothing to report. I got as far as measuring the cams. They look identical. Then got stuck dealing with other stuff. Next weekend...

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
SOCOMech,
What has been discussed here is a difference in resolution/clarity between the 2010 and the 2011 models. With your vehicle being a 2010, you would have the better clarity. Apparently, the clarity on the 2011's is even worse when viewed through the NAV.
So, if your camera is no better than anyone else's, then the cameras on the 2011's are even worse and it's not that Ford should spend more $ to buy better cameras. It is that Ford has made the decision to buy crappy cameras in order to save $ on the 2011's.
Of Course this is all speculation but, I think that this is what were discussing here. Any thoughts?

I've seen where there are apparently 2 different part numbers but other than from Expedition to F150, couldn't explain why. Then again, from what I'm seeing, the '11's are having an issue or two that the '10's didn't, like the body control module acting up. I guess there could be a difference in the cameras what with the new electronics on board.....damn I'm curious now, lol.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '10 model and my picture is all fuzzy and brown...I can;t seem to figure it out....
IMG_2844.jpg