Raptor vs Accord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunate. I don’t hog the left lane, if I see you behind me with greater pace, I’ll get out of your way when the opportunity presents itself. I am not going to floor it to make way but I am not dawdling.

Agreed. Although I will say that it's become rather common where I'm in the left lane passing multiple vehicles. So it's going to be some time before I move right. I'm not dropping down to 55 just so the guy behind me can go 85 instead of 75. More than half the time, there are vehicles ahead of me going 75 or slower, so you're not going 85 anyway.
Because years before I got tailgated on my bike for a while as I overtook a line of slowpokes in the right lane. surprised they didn’t pass me on the double yellow, nobody was coming. I was pretty pissed off by the time I put the last car down, got over and this guy whizzed past like King Richard Petty. Stopped at the next light, turned into the ER parking lot.

Tailgating is dangerous, and even more so when your tailgating a motorcycle, obviously. I really wish cops would start ticketing for that instead of waiting for someone to be rear ended before they give the ticket.

Last year, I had to make an emergency hospital run, time was off the essence. It’s a 12 minute ride, give or take and the last thing I would have wanted would have been a slow moving road block with a passive aggressive streak.

There is the option to call 911 and get a ride that way. However, I'm move out of the way if you're driving with hazards on, honking horn, etc, letting me know that you need to get somewhere quickly. That's not the usual case for tailgaters, and certainly wasn't the case with this Accord.

Of course, this is all several orders of magnitude less likely to be a problem when you live where it’s not overcrowded to the tune of 10x the level of human population the region can sustain.

Whole other issue...

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This subject riles me up! I get this all the time on 35w, 35e, 494, the crosstown (any MN readers know these highways) etc. I’m usually doing 10 over posted speed limits and people fly by at 20 over… ok their choice. But when I’m passing someone doing limit or 5 over and I’m doing 10-12 over, passing them in left lane, then I see in rearview mirror an idiot in a camry, hyundai or equivalent lane changing like its hopscotch passing everyone at 20-30 over limit and I know he’s coming up on me in a sec, I never, no way speed up or step on it to get around whomever I’m passing at the moment so I can get out of the way of the imbecile coming up behind me. They can wait their turn, but they never do. Not that I want to encourage road rage out of someone, I even at times tell myself “this a**$^% must be in a hurry to the hospital, maybe their child or mom is dying” and then I relax and let them on their way. But I don‘t feel its our responsibilty to move out of the way of an extremely impatient driver. I don’t understand how its the cars that are half our weight and size that try to push us out of the way. Cause I know if the driver of that car saw me (weight and size) in line at the market he‘s now way gonna push me out of his way! Argghh!! Sorry just wanted to vent on this subject, cause I can’t even with my wife, cause she gets mad at me when someone else is being aggressive, thinking I shouldn’t make it worse (she’s right of course). You never know when someones rage turns into an accident or a gunshot. Be safe out there.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont condone anyone getting hurt injured or worse but , is it bad that I kinda wished it was a Tesla driver?

OP
OP
TurboTJ

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate. I don’t hog the left lane, if I see you behind me with greater pace, I’ll get out of your way when the opportunity presents itself. I am not going to floor it to make way but I am not dawdling.

Because years before I got tailgated on my bike for a while as I overtook a line of slowpokes in the right lane. surprised they didn’t pass me on the double yellow, nobody was coming. I was pretty pissed off by the time I put the last car down, got over and this guy whizzed past like King Richard Petty. Stopped at the next light, turned into the ER parking lot.

Last year, I had to make an emergency hospital run, time was off the essence. It’s a 12 minute ride, give or take and the last thing I would have wanted would have been a slow moving road block with a passive aggressive streak.

Of course, this is all several orders of magnitude less likely to be a problem when you live where it’s not overcrowded to the tune of 10x the level of human population the region can sustain.

I was driving my dad to the ER when someone did this. Hopefully he felt bad when he saw me turn in. You never know what is going on. Just move over and let them tailgate the guy ahead of you.

OP
OP
TurboTJ

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont condone anyone getting hurt injured or worse but , is it bad that I kinda wished it was a Tesla driver?

We all feel that way… and I just ordered a Tesla to keep miles off my Raptor (at 30k on a 2020). Wtf is wrong with Tesla bros?? I’m so conflicted.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We all feel that way… and I just ordered a Tesla to keep miles off my Raptor (at 30k on a 2020). Wtf is wrong with Tesla bros?? I’m so conflicted.
I think it just comes down to cognitive dissonance. You have to basically lie to yourself to think EV’s & lithium batteries are a good idea and somehow less harmful to the environment.

OP
OP
TurboTJ

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it just comes down to cognitive dissonance. You have to basically lie to yourself to think EV’s & lithium batteries are a good idea and somehow less harmful to the environment.

It’s not the environment I’m doing it for. It’s cheaper to use. Spending $500/month on gas alone currently and Tesla’s also have low maintenance and good acceleration. Almost got beat on my 1441cc sport bike by a model S. You just have to act like a smug ******* to have one.