Raptor to Shelby F250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the Shelby trucks have a window sticker from Ford which legally allows the banks to finance them for the higher price at the dealership, the Shelby trucks are not considered a "regular production vehicle" and don't have an NADA or Kelley Blue Book value. Thus, when you go to sell it and the next person goes to finance that truck it will only show a book value of a common Lariat. The dealerships know this as well and have trouble selling them, and thus don't offer a fair trade-in value for them. I just sold my Shelby F150 and went through this nightmare.
Look on Ebay at all the used Shelby trucks that people can't sell unless someone has enough cash in hand to buy it outright.
The Shelby Mustangs are a totally different story. They are regular production vehicles "by Ford" and are listed in NADA and KBB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is interesting and likely true about banks using the VIN to show a Lariott. That said with the way car/truck prices are right now, many selling for over MSRP, most banks are asking for a window sticker to determine the finance amount allowed since they dont want to be holding the bad on an overpriced repo. I just went through this on a new Porsche Turbo S I had specked from the factory and I ordered a special order paint that was VERY expensive (10s of thousands) and the bank asked me for a window sticker to ensure I wasnt just paying a premium.

Lastly, you had and sold a Raptor F150 Shelby or was it a supersnake? I assume you could also do seller financing in a pinch?

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a Raptor, or a Supersnake. With the Shelby F150s there are several versions. The "Supersnake" is the lowered version (4WD) with polished aluminum wheels. Mine had a 4" factory lift with the Supercharger. Tuscany built 500 Shelby F150's that year (2018). 250 with Superchargers, 250 without (400 hp.) with black wheels. Shelby 8.jpgifted ve

Last edited: