Raptor to Shelby F250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So - as I needed to have a bit more tow capacity than my 2019 Raptor would allow I ordered a 2022 Platinum F150 2 months ago. As I was told the truck would arrive in Feb I placed my Raptor for sale (on Autotrader) and promptly sold it for a 6K profit which was nice. I figured I would live without a truck for a couple months. However, now I find out that the new truck is not even scheduled and no one can tell me what the delay is (Chips, Bed liner, Adaptive steering, bad luck, whatever)

I then came across the New Shelby F250. This thing is an absolute beast in photos and almost 2x the cost of my Old raptor but it looks amazing and has nearly double the tow capacity of my old truck (Granted less than a standard F250).There are very few online reviews out there. Has anyone here actually seen or driven one? There are a few out there for sale. Could this be the best of both worlds, but at a crazy cost. Please advise if you know......Thankds

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s basically a stock f-250 with a lift and badging. Shelby doesn’t add power on the f-250 just stitching, stickers, lift wheels and tires. If you’re ok to pay for that jump on it.

I not sure what lift they use but more than likely it’s middle of the road and will ride like crap. Being used to a raptor you’ll want to swap that for a carli to make it as smooth as possible.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like full blown interior change out, carbon fiber, badges and the suspension/lift/wheels tires, bumpers and lights. Basically everything but the engine. How would this thing ride and tow do you think. I know nothing about these lifts/pintop etc you guys mention. Never had a truck with any of that

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So - as I needed to have a bit more tow capacity than my 2019 Raptor would allow I ordered a 2022 Platinum F150 2 months ago. As I was told the truck would arrive in Feb I placed my Raptor for sale (on Autotrader) and promptly sold it for a 6K profit which was nice. I figured I would live without a truck for a couple months. However, now I find out that the new truck is not even scheduled and no one can tell me what the delay is (Chips, Bed liner, Adaptive steering, bad luck, whatever)

I then came across the New Shelby F250. This thing is an absolute beast in photos and almost 2x the cost of my Old raptor but it looks amazing and has nearly double the tow capacity of my old truck (Granted less than a standard F250).There are very few online reviews out there. Has anyone here actually seen or driven one? There are a few out there for sale. Could this be the best of both worlds, but at a crazy cost. Please advise if you know......Thankds
A familiar name from a different forum. You need it for that new M240 don't you? Also keep an eye out for a Roush F250. Those are beautiful trucks also with a little less price tag than the Shelby, but still a beast.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Hemmy lol you are absolutely correct. My m240 is coming in hot and yes while I’ve found a few of the Shelby f250 I also found a couple roush ones which I may actually like the looks of better. There is a blue on in the south that’s absolutely awesome. If you know of any others around the US please Lmk.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion, I only like the Shelby treatment on what Shelby is known for, a Mustang. And I can see a justifiable price on those cars as they absolutely dominate in the performance segment.

I can’t quite explain it, but Shelby and Roush badging on Ford trucks never really did anything for me. I think for the difference in price between a regular Super Duty vs a Shelby one, you could do a much better (tasteful) build/mod on your own.

My $.02

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been a diesel owner most of my life. Ive owned every brand and had just about every type of lift from leveling kits, carli, 6", 8", 12", even a 16" lift.

The shelby truck looks cool but from what I can tell it is just a basic setup with shelby badging. Better bang for buck is what has already been said. Buy a model you like, lariat, platinum etc, and do a nice lift setup on it.

But it will be nothing like a raptor.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like they come in the diesel and the 7.3l gas engine. Clearly the diesel will pull better (and more) but the gas engine probably sounds better and is higher Street performance.