Raptor to Shelby F250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i guess i better trade my diesel in for a gasser, my raptor is 2wd.

I could drive a gasser with a supercharger, cam and heads. I wouldnt want to tow with it though.
I am just saying me. I dont mind gas hence why I am currently in the raptor. But from resale to usability I just dont see the appeal to a gas HD besides little cost saving up front. Once again; all my personal opinion.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I needed fifth wheel towing and ordered an F-350 Tremor in March. It arrived in October. I found out during the delay that the spray-in bed liner and the fifth wheel package were the two delayed items. The bed liner was part of the Black Appearance Package, which I really wanted. It included the, first from the factory, black Ford logos (front and back) and other black badging, etc. As soon as I changed the order it arrived about a month later. I added the bed liner, fifth wheel package and LEDs after the fact. It's a 2022 so it has the larger screen of the 2021/2022 Raptor. Great truck but the Raptor rides much nicer for daily use. It's my wife's daily driver as I didn't want to rack up miles on the Raptor. It's 22.5 inches to the step vs. 17 to the step on the Raptor.

I enjoyed some mud this weekend and it clogged the exhaust cooler. I didn't know that was a thing but wasn't surprised.

F-350 Tremor - 1.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An important thing to remember on the Roush and Shelby trucks is that they’re not factory packages. They come off the line as a standard XLT or Lariat and are then upfitted by an aftermarket company. In the case of Shelby, that is Tuscany in Indiana. This is important because if you go to trade or sell, there is not going to be a listing for the book value of a Roush or Shelby version. So it’s essentially worth what the base truck costs with the addition of whatever the dealer or buyer is willing to pay for the upfit package.

Personally I would just buy an F-250 Tremor Diesel if I needed a 3/4 ton; that provides a great combo of towing/hauling and off-road capability.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah zero tremors F250 Diesels available anywhere in the USA. Thought I may have found one in Florida today (salesperson said it was available and incoming) SM called me back and said it was sold months ago. Truck market is insane right now, especially for superduties

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Yeah zero tremors F250 Diesels available anywhere in the USA. Thought I may have found one in Florida today (salesperson said it was available and incoming) SM called me back and said it was sold months ago. Truck market is insane right now, especially for superduties
import a truck from canada, have an importer swap the cluster and cruise.

im pretty happy with my lariat tremor. I still miss the carli kit that i had on my 19 though. The 21+ has the tpms alert set at 70 psi for the rear wheels, which is incredibly annoying as 70 psi is way too much for driving around unloaded.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK well you all (and others) convinced me I needed to skip the Shelby and Get a regular F250. Problem was finding one as my dealer said 9 months for an order if I was lucky. Found a Platinum but would like the slight lift and maybe 35s. Anyone have suggestion on how to mod this thing?