Raptor or Tremor... Reliability, Longevity, Depreciation and Fun Factor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty sure it’s a “wannabe” power wagon.....& it out powers the power wagon so there’s something to be said bout that

It might be Fords answer to the Power Wagon, but I really like the 1050 lb.ft of torque and I don't "wannaown" a Dodge! :D

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Badgertits it has been great so far. I really like the truck a lot. It rides much better than I expected and I really couldn't believe how smooth and quiet the diesel engine is. I had a 2500 denali prior to the raptor and it rode like a dump truck. The torque is addicting and hard to keep your foot out of it. It's honestly too quick for it's own good for a truck this size lol....But last 2 tanks I have averaged 18.5 mpg - which was also a pleasant surprise. The best experience for me so far was towing, a few weeks back I towed the 4 place sled trailer up to Pittsburg in a snow storm and it was just effortless. They have some cool features that are raptor-esque. The high clearance running boards are same exact at the raptor which I like a lot. Inside is very similar, same upfitters on the roof so I added my XL80s from the raptor on SDHQ mounts. Overall I am very happy with the truck.

So far only add the XL80 a pillar lights, tint, tonneau cover. I am going to do the dual steering stabilizer setup Zombiekiller pointed out, probably wheels/tires when the stockers are ready. Probably not much else. It sits much higher than a stock raptor that is for sure

51068485536_c7a6cb6749_z.jpg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Badgertits it has been great so far. I really like the truck a lot. It rides much better than I expected and I really couldn't believe how smooth and quiet the diesel engine is. I had a 2500 denali prior to the raptor and it rode like a dump truck. The torque is addicting and hard to keep your foot out of it. It's honestly too quick for it's own good for a truck this size lol....But last 2 tanks I have averaged 18.5 mpg - which was also a pleasant surprise. The best experience for me so far was towing, a few weeks back I towed the 4 place sled trailer up to Pittsburg in a snow storm and it was just effortless. They have some cool features that are raptor-esque. The high clearance running boards are same exact at the raptor which I like a lot. Inside is very similar, same upfitters on the roof so I added my XL80s from the raptor on SDHQ mounts. Overall I am very happy with the truck.

So far only add the XL80 a pillar lights, tint, tonneau cover. I am going to do the dual steering stabilizer setup Zombiekiller pointed out, probably wheels/tires when the stockers are ready. Probably not much else. It sits much higher than a stock raptor that is for sure

51068485536_c7a6cb6749_z.jpg

thats great man good to hear

after test driving a few of em I 100% understand what you’re saying about the truck being too fast for it’s own good lol

Raptors don’t need a brake upgrade, but SD diesels that ISNT towing/working regularly & have an owner w/ a heavy foot probably could!

it’s just abnormal how effortlessly they pull @ hwy speeds to the governor given the size/shape/purpose & heft of these super duty trucks- and also agree, until Ram does a full on redesign Ford has completely changed the game when it comes to what kind of ride can be expected from a heavy duty pickup - loaded or empty

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats great man good to hear

after test driving a few of em I 100% understand what you’re saying about the truck being too fast for it’s own good lol

Raptors don’t need a brake upgrade, but SD diesels that ISNT towing/working regularly & have an owner w/ a heavy foot probably could!

it’s just abnormal how effortlessly they pull @ hwy speeds to the governor given the size/shape/purpose & heft of these super duty trucks- and also agree, until Ram does a full on redesign Ford has completely changed the game when it comes to what kind of ride can be expected from a heavy duty pickup - loaded or empty

haha It is true - Full throttle at 40mph to the 95mph governor happens very fast. The speedo only goes to 100 and it moves so fast it looks funny. My cousin was out with me last week and said "I had no idea a truck this large could move this fast"

I cant imagine what the next step is for diesel trucks, 1200 ft lbs stock? 1500?

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha It is true - Full throttle at 40mph to the 95mph governor happens very fast. The speedo only goes to 100 and it moves so fast it looks funny. My cousin was out with me last week and said "I had no idea a truck this large could move this fast"

I cant imagine what the next step is for diesel trucks, 1200 ft lbs stock? 1500?

Governor at 95 is no fun, cmon Ford