Raptor or Tremor... Reliability, Longevity, Depreciation and Fun Factor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D11gnccer

Reaction score
The 7.3 is 2K compared to the diesel at 10K, so you only save 8K... Plus, if you are only buying it to tow, like I did, why would you not spend the extra money for the diesel? If I was buying a Tremor to replace my Raptor and wanted the cool sounding Godzilla V8, I would have saved the 8K. But, more likely I would have not bothered to buy one at all!

I said I dunno because I wasn’t in the market for a super duty. The original poster said he was only looking to tow something around 5000 pounds and he doesn’t even own the boat yet. He also drives short trips to work and the boat ramp is only 10 miles away. Sounds like everything a diesel hates.

I was making assumptions. I thought the 7.3 was standard on a Lariat but the 6.7 is still a 10 grand up charge. Even if it is an 8 grand difference, the tax takes it close to 9 and now we are splitting hairs.

I have had zero thoughts in regards to selling the Raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I said I dunno because I wasn’t in the market for a super duty. The original poster said he was only looking to tow something around 5000 pounds and he doesn’t even own the boat yet. He also drives short trips to work and the boat ramp is only 10 miles away. Sounds like everything a diesel hates.

I was making assumptions. I thought the 7.3 was standard on a Lariat but the 6.7 is still a 10 grand up charge. Even if it is an 8 grand difference, the tax takes it close to 9 and now we are splitting hairs.

I have had zero thoughts in regards to selling the Raptor.

Yes, I agree that he can tow his imaginary 5-6K lb boat with his 2020 Raptor by simply adding Deaver HDs or ICON leafs for the short distance he is planning. He does not need a diesel or SD for his use case.

I was not replying directly to you, but rather using your post to reply to the OP. To You: The 6.2L is the standard engine on all SDs, so both the 7.3 and 6.7 are up charges.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the F-150 Tremor. better daily then both the Raptor and Super Duty Tremor. deck that out with a level kit, shocks and 0 offset wheels and you are good to go. just throwing that out there.
I don't think the F150 Tremor would make a better daily than a Raptor.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
When I traded my 2012 Power Wagon in on the Raptor, I was also considering the Tremor with the 7.3L. I think the Tremor is a great offering from Ford. It gives the HD lineup a truck that can tow, and has off road upgrades for those who need it. For me, I wanted something fun to drive every day. The Tremor was super nice, and for a HD it rode pretty well (a little stiffer than the Power Wagon). It just didn’t scream “fun” to me.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve owned many different diesels through the years always used for pulling trailers. I sold my land clearing business and bought my 2018 Raptor. Still had my Diesel and hated the Raptor when I first drove it. (I know crazy, Right?) but the new truck was different, climbed back in the diesel and took it around the block only to realize how much better the Raptor was. It was just that it was new, and it took climbing back in the other truck to make me realize how bad ass the Raptor was. Now I’m in the same situation your talking about pull small trailers once in a while usually in the summer moving my boats around and that’s about it. I would not get rid of my Raptor for anything right now. Yes I’ve been bitten by the mod bug and it’s come a long way I just think if I climbed in something less capable for my current life style I would be disappointed with the new ride. Not a knock against the Tremor or a Diesel platform just not needed now and can’t do what the Raptor does as well. Good luck on your decision.

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this same question on FB page. I'm on the fence about this too. I think the tremor is slightly, very slightly a upgrade over Gen 2 Raptor. The real sacrifice going to tremor is suspension and value. Looks are subjective so that could be a 3rd thing depending on you personally. While I love my Raptor I really dig the new Tremor but for me at the end of the day it comes down to value. I feel like the Raptor will hold value better.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just not sure...what the deal is. If you tow, buy a Tremor. I just don't know what else you need the tremor for?

What am I missing?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Tremor is a wanna be but never be Raptor....Tremor is for people who need to tow and light off road.

pretty sure it’s a “wannabe” power wagon.....& it out powers the power wagon so there’s something to be said bout that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter