Raptor Exhaust - What do YOU want?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jesse, I noted your turn down post says it has "rich mellow exhaust note", does that mean it has drone noise;) Do you have video of it. I watched the video of the other system, and I definitely love the way it sounds, but I prefer the turn down if it doesn't have the drone effect.

I'm afraid to have a system so short and exit under the cab in which it does drone is always a possibility under the right circumstance (high alt, towing, etc...). We designed the muffler for that system in a way in which it minimizes the chances but the kit is certainly meant for someone who is looking for optimal ground clearance and suspension cycle.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jesse, I'll probably bite the bullet and buy it anyway. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep the wife from finding out. I'm assume she'll notice it the first time I crank it up. Maybe she'll think it's just me leaving on my bike again.

Last edited:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jesse, I'll probably bite bullet and buy it anyway. I just trying to figure out how to keep the wife from finding out. I'm assume she'll notice it the first time I crank it up. Maybe she'll think it's just me leaving on my bike again.

Good luck:gr_grin:

My wife noticed when I had the Borla Touring catback installed. And it's probably the quietest aftermarket catback for the Raptor

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating doing this because I have no particular reason to be displeased with the factory exhaust, but eventually I indend to replace the factory muffler with the MagnaFlow PN12388. Like the factory muffler it has a single 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlets. It's 24" long and the factory muffler is 27" long, so it ought to be a relatively simple installation. Will require a hanger to be installed on the new set-up. That's what I hope to do at some point.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I've been procrastinating doing this because I have no particular reason to be displeased with the factory exhaust, but eventually I indend to replace the factory muffler with the MagnaFlow PN12388. Like the factory muffler it has a single 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlets. It's 24" long and the factory muffler is 27" long, so it ought to be a relatively simple installation. Will require a hanger to be installed on the new set-up. That's what I hope to do at some point.

Soooo your telling MBRP that you want to install a magnaflow exhaust in the future?

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have that magnaflow muffler on my raptor right now. It has quite a bit of drone on the highway at certain speeds and loads. I will be switching to the mbrb exhaust pretty soon.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mbrp? This thread is 18 pages long, so I thought I was posting to the group in answer to the question posed by the title of the thread. If I have been impolite, I certainly apologize.

Last edited: