Raptor Allocations Tied to Electric Vehicle Sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People think that can't happen here ... I sure hope they're right, but their logic is weak. 2029? I hope not. I'm hoping for twenty good years. But then I'm an optimist.

MikeyP87

Reaction score
If this is true then I'm glad I got my 23. I see a decent amount of Mach Es in my area but not enough to say they are selling well. And those are coming from my local dealer. The dealer I actually got my truck from in Chino Hills, I doubt they sell any EVs.

I hope the manufacturers push back on this EV ********. The sales will never be there no matter how many EVs are on the market. Most people that want EVs want Teslas, so they won't buy a VW or Ford or Cadillac EV no matter what. I know a few dove in head-first like the Germans and Ford, but they are all seeing the sales plateau. VW says they are dropping EV sales projections, Ford is stopping their new battery plants, and US Mercedes dealers don't like the soap-blob EQ models and say they aren't aspirational cars like an S or E class. GM is quietly dropping all those pie-in-the-sky cheap base models with massive ranges for their up-coming (maybe never-coming) EV models. How are you going to sell an EV to the large percentage of people that live in apartments with no easy charging? Or lower income people that can't afford these things?

Yes, I could buy one and it would work fine; I have a nice garage for charging, my job has a bunch of chargers, and my commute is 25 miles round trip. But I won't buy an EV ever (unless Lucid drops the price of an Air Sapphire, and only the Sapphire trim, to $40K then maybe). The market just isn't there, no matter how much Dementia Joe and whoever is controlling him wants everyone in an EV.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If this is true then I'm glad I got my 23. I see a decent amount of Mach Es in my area but not enough to say they are selling well. And those are coming from my local dealer. The dealer I actually got my truck from in Chino Hills, I doubt they sell any EVs.

I hope the manufacturers push back on this EV ********. The sales will never be there no matter how many EVs are on the market. Most people that want EVs want Teslas, so they won't buy a VW or Ford or Cadillac EV no matter what. I know a few dove in head-first like the Germans and Ford, but they are all seeing the sales plateau. VW says they are dropping EV sales projections, Ford is stopping their new battery plants, and US Mercedes dealers don't like the soap-blob EQ models and say they aren't aspirational cars like an S or E class. GM is quietly dropping all those pie-in-the-sky cheap base models with massive ranges for their up-coming (maybe never-coming) EV models. How are you going to sell an EV to the large percentage of people that live in apartments with no easy charging? Or lower income people that can't afford these things?

Yes, I could buy one and it would work fine; I have a nice garage for charging, my job has a bunch of chargers, and my commute is 25 miles round trip. But I won't buy an EV ever (unless Lucid drops the price of an Air Sapphire, and only the Sapphire trim, to $40K then maybe). The market just isn't there, no matter how much Dementia Joe and whoever is controlling him wants everyone in an EV.
You forgot Greasy Gavin, he’s leading the charge too.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Here's the irony: just as America is seeing a huge economic advantage to future energy costs due to fracking; our "leaders", along with the media, are trying their best to not take advantage of it.

MikeyP87

Reaction score
You forgot Greasy Gavin, he’s leading the charge too.
Oh yes, as Cali residents we're both stuck with that ****.

The only positive thing I'll say is that Newsom isn't stupid. He's just following the leftist agenda to further his political career. That's why this 2030-or-whenever CA EV mandate will disappear and never be mentioned again when the sales aren't there and manufacturers stop releasing models.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh yes, as Cali residents we're both stuck with that ****.

The only positive thing I'll say is that Newsom isn't stupid. He's just following the leftist agenda to further his political career. That's why this 2030-or-whenever CA EV mandate will disappear and never be mentioned again when the sales aren't there and manufacturers stop releasing models.
You are soooooo far off. The 2030 mandate will only get stronger, and may actually get brought into effect even sooner.

"Leaders, in particular, are a prime source of this transmission because they’re visible and attract attention. We look to influencers in our ecosystem to see how we’re supposed to respond in any given environment. The contagion effect can be positive as well, which is why role modeling is an effective leadership strategy for positive behavior. But the power of this influence is also why negative contagion can occur when leaders are stressed and display negative emotions or threat responses. This negative contagion is a tactic often seen on the campaign trail, for example, as politicians intentionally try to get their followers riled up to continue their momentum and reach a broader sphere of influence."

Newsom is a crafty, true believer who is charismatic, combative, affable, attractive, tall, youthful and not stupid. Some of the attributes I list are superficial, but let’s be honest, at least some women are going to vote for the guy because he’s tall and handsome, no matter what his policies. Elections are glorified popularity contests in the USA.

Newsom is not only creating the ‘contagion’, he’s actually affected by it. Like many politicians he’s come to not only spread his own “legend” but begun to believe the legend others spread about him, even those he knows to be exaggerated or untrue. If it suits his ego (actually his id), he adds it to his belief system. This EV mandate is a social engineering experiment that has devolved into a “who can go more woke more fast” competition. California is a left wing echo chamber of government and he may have a staked out position, but the assembly will push further and then Newsom will push back and so on. Not to mention outside influences.

I actually expect the 2030 mandate to be moved up and enforced with vigor.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the mandates will ultimately do is make used cars more expensive than even a couple years ago and make it a struggle for people who live pay check to pay check (probably more than half the country) to even afford a 10 year old accord especially if interest rates are still up there. 30K for a 10 year old sedan is still a lot cheaper than a brand new electric car especially if you live in an apartment without easy charging. Certainly won't hurt raptor resale values, assuming all of this doesn't get kicked down the road for the next administration (s) to deal with.

Sure electric cars will get cheaper, but I have yet to see a selection of 30K brand new sedans/CUVs with 300-400 mile range. One or two out there doesn't count, people like selection.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Newsom is a crafty, true believer who is charismatic, combative, affable, attractive, tall, youthful and not stupid. Some of the attributes I list are superficial, but let’s be honest, at least some women are going to vote for the guy because he’s tall and handsome,
That's exactly how Canadia ended up with their Boy King.. . who has fu cked up that place faster than anybody expected.OIP (1).jpegBottom line, emotionally driven chicks have no business deciding who runs a country.
There's a reason I wasn't allowed to drive a truck at 12, I clearly couldn't make rational decisions. The same applies here