2024 ordering updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine back in November at MSRP with a dealer I bought my Bronco Raptor from. They had the Braptor over MSRP but was able to get them down for a local. I supposedly have a allocation and have a "Order Verification Program" sheet with my name and tracking number on it so it seems legit enough. Not a huge place and they probably dont get a lot of allocations for Raptors. I may get preferential treatment being a return customer but probably not by much.

I would be very surprised if Ford was punishing dealers that went over sticker because.....well all of them did it. Some would reduce for a local customer but if you bought out of state, you paid over sticker. The only exception would be one of the dealers trying to become a #1 seller in the state store.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will interesting to see how this plays out. Ford cannot giveaway regular 2023 F150 right now the lots are full of them around me and it’s 2024. The Raptor market has always seemed isolated to its own thing however.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine back in November at MSRP with a dealer I bought my Bronco Raptor from. They had the Braptor over MSRP but was able to get them down for a local. I supposedly have a allocation and have a "Order Verification Program" sheet with my name and tracking number on it so it seems legit enough. Not a huge place and they probably dont get a lot of allocations for Raptors. I may get preferential treatment being a return customer but probably not by much.

I would be very surprised if Ford was punishing dealers that went over sticker because.....well all of them did it. Some would reduce for a local customer but if you bought out of state, you paid over sticker. The only exception would be one of the dealers trying to become a #1 seller in the state store.
Regarding your COVP letter… i don’t think they mean much at all. I think it is just a way for the dealer to verify to Ford that there is an actual customer on the order and that it’s not just a dealer order. In fact, read the sentence a few lines down on your letter… “DISCLAIMER: Approved verification of a COVP order does not guarantee allocation or that the vehicle will be scheduled.”. As a retail customer order, you should get priority of dealer orders. After that, i can’t figure out the order priority… but your dealer should be able to confirm your priority code number… dealers can prioritize a customer order from 10-19. Dealer orders are 20 and up…. And only a Ford rep can prioritize 1-9, i believe. Mine started at 19… i *******, and they got it bumped to a 6 recently.

Edit: in general… the lower the better. But with 10-19 dealer issued priority… i believe it is THEIR prioritization. Meaning yours at a 12 would be bumped in front of a 19 order from the same dealer… However, another dealers 18 might still beat your 12. The 1-9 is really where you want to be. Again… i believe… based my own little science/research project.

Attachments

• IMG_8830.jpeg
    IMG_8830.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding your COVP letter… i don’t think they mean much at all. I think it is just a way for the dealer to verify to Ford that there is an actual customer on the order and that it’s not just a dealer order. In fact, read the sentence a few lines down on your letter… “DISCLAIMER: Approved verification of a COVP order does not guarantee allocation or that the vehicle will be scheduled.”. As a retail customer order, you should get priority of dealer orders. After that, i can’t figure out the order priority… but your dealer should be able to confirm your priority code number… dealers can prioritize a customer order from 10-19. Dealer orders are 20 and up…. And only a Ford rep can prioritize 1-9, i believe. Mine started at 19… i *******, and they got it bumped to a 6 recently.

Edit: in general… the lower the better. But with 10-19 dealer issued priority… i believe it is THEIR prioritization. Meaning yours at a 12 would be bumped in front of a 19 order from the same dealer… However, another dealers 18 might still beat your 12. The 1-9 is really where you want to be. Again… i believe… based my own little science/research project.
Good and accurate description. I was Priority 19 when I ordered and in exactly 4 months my truck was at the dealer. Allocation allocation allocations!

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Makes sense. I'm not too upset if it doesn't come in. Just keeps $90k in my pocket. I had a 23 Raptor. Just sold the Braptor. About to buy a daily beater so if the '24 comes in then cool. If not, I'll just buy something else fun.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I'm not too upset if it doesn't come in. Just keeps $90k in my pocket. I had a 23 Raptor. Just sold the Braptor. About to buy a daily beater so if the '24 comes in then cool. If not, I'll just buy something else fun.
I’m gonna have to likely get a daily beater at some point… some parking is just not raptor conducive. How’d you like the Braptor compared to, well, a real Raptor?

OP
OP
J

Jpro39

Reaction score
the dealer I went with emailed me today and said “your raptor has been ordered.” It says retail order priority code 4. Does this mean they still have to wait for ford to pull allocations throughout the year? The term ordered is not clear.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dealer I went with emailed me today and said “your raptor has been ordered.” It says retail order priority code 4. Does this mean they still have to wait for ford to pull allocations throughout the year? The term ordered is not clear.
I think it’s saying they’ve placed your order to Ford… and that happens to be a good priority. But you are now waiting for Ford to actually schedule it. And until then, you really will not get any updates in the way of a VIN number. And until you get a VIN assigned… you’ll not get a blend date or build dates. Could happen quick… or not. Welcome to the party!