Question Regarding HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, i have put 700+ miles on my truck and no issues with the headlights. for those of you who know what highway 101 in the bay area is like, i think its a decent test.

mrmojoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If mine flicker, I can't tell. Side note: This is the first vehicle with HIDs I've been in. I thought they were the high beams when they first came on, then I hit the highs to check and holy crap.

atx

Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer and they said there is nothing that can be done about it because it is just the bulb trying to protect itself from movement. However im not fully satisfied they knew exactly what i was talking about and it was day time so i couldn't show them really. they turned them on and shined at a wall and would hit the top of the headlight lightly with their hand and you could see the cut off line move, but i notice it more with in the first 10 feet out then at the cut off when actually driving. also when not moving if i shut my door with any force you can see it flicker then.

One of the mechanics there has an '11 raptor and he told me he would trade me headlights. He is also the one that told me there is nothing to be done about the flicker, kinda makes me wonder just how much truth he told....

OP
OP
M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer and they said there is nothing that can be done about it because it is just the bulb trying to protect itself from movement. However im not fully satisfied they knew exactly what i was talking about and it was day time so i couldn't show them really. they turned them on and shined at a wall and would hit the top of the headlight lightly with their hand and you could see the cut off line move, but i notice it more with in the first 10 feet out then at the cut off when actually driving. also when not moving if i shut my door with any force you can see it flicker then.

One of the mechanics there has an '11 raptor and he told me he would trade me headlights. He is also the one that told me there is nothing to be done about the flicker, kinda makes me wonder just how much truth he told....

I'm surprised the mechanic even asked you that. There probably is some sort of fix, but nobody knows what that fix is yet. Hopefully when there are more and more people bringing up the issue to the dealers they will look into a remedy.