Question Regarding HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove my 2013 with HID's at nighttime for the first time today and instantly noticed the headlights flickering over bumps; even on the small road imperfections.

I never had this happen (HID's flicker/jitter) with my BMW e92 335 or either of my Audi S4's.
It appears to be either the bulb or housing is loose.

With this apparently a somewhat common observation, I'm guessing a headlight or headlight mount design issue could be the case as well.
I'll look to make sure the housing and bulb are seated correctly and go from there.

Any other suggestions besides replacing the headlights to aftermarket?

Last edited:

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to the headlight flickering/jitter.

I recently installed new headlight bulbs (PIAA 6000K) and this virtually eliminated the issue.
Driving over the same bumps there seems to be very little to no movement of the headlight pattern.

I'm going to assume the actual OEM bulb is the culprit to the jitter/flickering headlights over bumps.

PIAA 6000K bulb post here ----> http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/2013-headlight-bulbs-20876/index3.html#post386025

OP
OP
M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
What is the difference in how the PIAA's look vs. OEM? Are they really blue at 6000k?

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in how the PIAA's look vs. OEM? Are they really blue at 6000k?

Yes they are blue and seem almost purple sometimes. It's not bad enough to be "ricer" or look tacky, but as I said in the PIAA bulb thread, the visible (usable) light is reduced somewhat.

Unless you really want the blue color and/or don't mind the cost of bulbs, you would be just fine sticking with OEM.

If your OEM bulbs seem to shutter/jitter over bumps in the road, I'd check to make sure the screws on the plate that holds the bulbs are tight. (t10 screws in this pic)

oCQTfJK.jpg

scanlobc

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2013 Raptor, and after 2 days have noticed the "bounce" with the HIDs. Haven't seen much on this topic lately, and was wondering if anyone has any updates?