Question Regarding HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have the flicker and for some time the bad wind noise.. i dont hear the wind noise anymore. it pissed my wife off quite a bit actually. fortunately it quit. the other thing that popped up was the right front wheel well inner fender was rubbing on left turns. it stopped all of a sudden too. just a strange set of things that just went away...

you just need to jump the railroad tracks a few times to fix the noise is my guess.

atx

Reaction score
I think you're right about needing to jump it....I might just go do that right now.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have HID’s on my SLK and I never noticed any bounce; and the suspension on this car is like having concrete blocks instead of springs

87MJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regrettably, I live on a rough dirt road that contains a "washboard" effect. I noticed the headlight shake at the first moment I drove it on my road.

I dont notice it when I cross rough tracks which I also do at least 4 times per day or when I cross speed bumps at wal-mart. It may happen but I havent noticed it. Since I got the truck, I no longer slow down for tracks or speed bumps.

But on the washboard dirt road, the headlights give the impression that they are loose. But since it appears to be normal, I am not going to worry about it. I love the headlights and how much easier it is to see at night.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to mid perch and that made mine worse. "flimsy" lights. :thumbsdown:

I'll second that. I hadn't really noticed much movement (there was some, but usually not enough to catch my passenger's eye) at stock settings with the suspension, but after I went to mid perch it's more exaggerated.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my dealer replace the housing,I thought that they ordered a whole light not just housing. The problem is the light still bounces on hard bumps but still only the left light,so back to them on monday

OP
OP
M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
Just had my dealer replace the housing,I thought that they ordered a whole light not just housing. The problem is the light still bounces on hard bumps but still only the left light,so back to them on monday

Let us know if they cure the problem.

Papi4baby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen my left one do it on a certain bump in the road by my house.

And is not the shutter itself, but i think the actual ballast that moves. Mine does not do it all the time, i only noticed is twice and in the same spot.

atx

Reaction score
I was messing with mine last night and noticed that when switching from low to high beams there is a very audible noise. is that normal? Im sure its just the lens opening up more or whatever HIDs do to go to the high beams but should i be able to hear it in the cab? I was in park and had the radio off and it seems very loud. Thoughts?