Question Regarding HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atx

Reaction score
Mine is steadily getting worse. Just driving down bumpy roads causes very noticable amounts of flicker/shaking. Who makes good after market headlights haha?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
raptor retrofits. one of our fine vendors on the list to the right. he can help you out. i have not purchased his lights personally, but based on what EVERY member who has, he is the only way to go

Papi4baby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is steadily getting worse. Just driving down bumpy roads causes very noticable amounts of flicker/shaking. Who makes good after market headlights haha?

I suggest you go to the dealer and contact Ford direct.

They can't fix something they dont know about.

atx

Reaction score
So I took it to my dealer yesterday morning for the lights and now I am getting a bad wind noise anytime I am going north of 50 mph. They ended up keeping it over night, which I wasn't thrilled about, but said it was so their tech ( the same one with a 11' raptor that told me he would switch me headlights the first time I went up there for this problem, right after saying there was no fix...) could drive it early in the morning when it was still dark. So this morning I call them around 11 and ask if they had done anything. Once again they told me that there is nothing that can be done about the headlights. And that my wind noise is caused by my mirrors and if you fold them in it goes away. I said no, i dont believe thats the case and asked to go drive it with some one. Well sure enough, going down the highway at 70 the noise is pretty bad. I look at the guy that supposedly test drove my car earlier that morning, fold the mirrors in, and wouldn't you know the noise is still just as bad. Then just to prove my point I take it to 100 and fold the mirrors in and out and there was absolutely no difference. When I got back from the drive with the tech, the service manager tells me that there is another 2013 raptor coming in a few weeks for another customer but that we will go drive it and see if my same problems exist on the other one, and we will go from there.

I feel like this is just them blowing me off, and am very frustrated with the entire situation. I'm thinking about trying surgical tubing in my door seals, just to see if helps at all. As well as just buying aftermarket headlights and saying **** the whole situation. Any thoughts?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I notice the rubber plug on passenger side firewall with wiring harness going through it had popped out on mine.. It was causing wind noise and clearly here the annoying ticking...

-Greg