Pulley/belt squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh crap.. this is what I've noticed on mine too.. less than 250 miles and I got that squeak/squeal too.. thought I had ran the pedal to far down too soon.. lol.. was like... as s*&*! did break something? nahh...

is that really the only remedy? swap the idler ? is it not a lube thing in the bearings? if it goes away when warmed up..

although.. think I still hear it on a 'warm' startup too.. after sitting for less than 30-40 mins though.. I too would rather avoid bringing to dealer for this low a mileage.. thing.. arrgggg...
Its possible if there is too much tension and the tensioner isn't providing enough slack, that its wearing through the bearing on the idler that quick.

However, 2 different people with it....thats odd.

Oil levels look good?

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its possible if there is too much tension and the tensioner isn't providing enough slack, that its wearing through the bearing on the idler that quick.

However, 2 different people with it....thats odd.

Oil levels look good?
DUDE, bummer you’re on the east coast because I owe you a motherfuggin beer!

Broke out the mechanics stethoscope today and took a good look and listen, and the sound really wasn’t from the pulley areas, it sounded like it was coming from the passenger valve cover/oil cap area. So went to go check the oil level since you mentioned it and it was an entire quart low! Added a quart of motorcraft 5w50 and no more squeak.

I’m embarrassed as an enthusiast, especially one who owns a gt350 and knows to check oil levels, that I hadn’t checked it at all yet. Hopefully it didn’t cause any premature wear, but the truck only has 580 miles on it and hasn’t run past 4k rpm’s yet.

I’ll continue to monitor oil levels and see if the sound comes back, but hopefully that was it.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waaaaaiitt whaaaaat? From factory, low on oil on an extremely high HP engine??

going outside right fggnn now..
on saying this.. have not heard it for a day now.. stay tuned.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous that it’s a quart low from Dearborn. I’m sure their not taking out 12 bottles of motor craft to put oil in these trucks on the line.

Checking mine tonight

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I mean I’m not saying it’s everyone but always good to check levels. I check the gt350 every time I take it out but I’m short and it’s harder to check the R, LOL.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous that it’s a quart low from Dearborn. I’m sure their not taking out 12 bottles of motor craft to put oil in these trucks on the line.

Checking mine tonight
well, who TF knows.. they keep 'cheaping out' on small stuff.. sure there's a bottom line somewhere that says making the rear organizer tray more difficult and way more UNcool by taking out that fancy lever that operates from both sides with some cheap plastic slider 'pegs' on each side, that you either need a passenger to do it or you crawl/go around...and it does not lock down anymore.. has a couple magnets. That part seems ok.. but making it so you have go around.. is just a bag o di c ks.... IMO.. lol

not to mention.. anyone else with a MY24 (or any model ) that the key no longer lights up red/green when using it?? I even replaced my battery thinking nahhhh.. they wouldn't take away confirmation of a 110k monster show off coffee truck starting or not.. welp.. both my keys on the 24 R do not respond at all with the feedback if all went well with the request..

on my way to get another mech a scope.. can' find the old one..

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Checking mine tonight
Yea I don’t know what’s going on over there but I have never heard of this from any Shelby guys when these were built at the Romeo-Niche plant.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I mean I’m not saying it’s everyone but always good to check levels. I check the gt350 every time I take it out but I’m short and it’s harder to check the R, LOL.
I’m not short and it still sucks checking the oil on Raptors

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well, who TF knows.. they keep 'cheaping out' on small stuff.. sure there's a bottom line somewhere that says making the rear organizer tray more difficult and way more UNcool by taking out that fancy lever that operates from both sides with some cheap plastic slider 'pegs' on each side, that you either need a passenger to do it or you crawl/go around...and it does not lock down anymore.. has a couple magnets. That part seems ok.. but making it so you have go around.. is just a bag o di c ks.... IMO.. lol

not to mention.. anyone else with a MY24 (or any model ) that the key no longer lights up red/green when using it?? I even replaced my battery thinking nahhhh.. they wouldn't take away confirmation of a 110k monster show off coffee truck starting or not.. welp.. both my keys on the 24 R do not respond at all with the feedback if all went well with the request..

on my way to get another mech a scope.. can' find the old one..
What things are you talking about? Tray? What tray? Key fob light?