Progressive springs my experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So it sounds like a pretty even F/R would be the coils up front and a set of leafs out back.
I've decided I'm going to do rear springs for sure and see how I like how it performs front to back. A bump kit and springs is $2500 but at least can be used when I go with 3.0's while the coils become $500 paper weights. :Pshyco:

Depending on how you drive offroad, you'll still notice the back end can't keep up with the front. It will stay more planted through big hits, but washouts and things like that you'll notice the back end shakes a lot because the shocks just can't keep up.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine have actually sat like that since I put them on, while it seems some others have taken longer to get to that point. In UTV's pictures, the bottom two coils touch.
It appears that after these springs settle they only lift the suspension about half of what the manufacturer claims and you are left with a few "dead" coils.

How much have your springs settled? How long have you had the springs on? Would you say that the ride has stiffened up as they settle?

Tornitron

Reaction score
How much have your springs settled? How long have you had the springs on? Would you say that the ride has stiffened up as they settle?

I've had them on a month, and they have not settled at all since installation. The ride feels the same as well.
I am extremely happy with how they perform and feel, but I'm starting to have some serious misgivings about the actual ride height they provide. It is no where near what UTV claims.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had them on a month, and they have not settled at all since installation. The ride feels the same as well.
I am extremely happy with how they perform and feel, but I'm starting to have some serious misgivings about the actual ride height they provide. It is no where near what UTV claims.

How much lift did you get from them?

Just put mine on the other day and they were 1/2" taller than stock mid perch. That's 2" of lift. From people that I PMed and spoke with, they acted like they'll settle 1/2" if that. Haven't heard of anyone saying they've settled more than that, have you? I anticipate them settling maybe 1/2", so that's back to perch adjustment lift. 1.5" That's all I would expect from these is just to get you the same as a perch adjustment would, not any more. How much lift you were expecting?

If you've had them on a month and the haven't even settled at all yet (which from what I know, springs start to settle pretty quickly), then I wouldn't think they're not going to settle like crazy after that. Maybe subtly, like 1/2" at most.

Last edited:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you on stock or mid? I would imagine on mid they would not give as much of a ride height increase.

@LekRap I wouldn't mind doing 3.0's w/ DSC but I have better things to spend 5K dollars on at the moment :crazy: I'm doing rear leafs/bumpstop kit and probably these coils to tide myself over until doing 3.0's sometimes next year.
@Jordan@Apollo-Optics That's what I was hearing but I was also told that rear 3.0's with springs will then start to override a set of stock front shocks with progressive coils. I noticed bad hopping in the sand this weekend and I would like to help alleviate it (hoping springs was going to help a lot but maybe not?). I'm no expert as far as off-road suspension goes thats for sure.

Last edited:

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't care about lift , just ride and handling. Im curious to hear about this settling and dead coil thing.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care about lift , just ride and handling. Im curious to hear about this settling and dead coil thing.

Honestly, if you don't care about height...I'd probably stay at stock bottom perch. If you want mid perch height, I'd do these springs. I can't remember exactly what stock bottom perch felt like. These spring give the height of mid perch but a much better ride than mid perch. I'd maybe say that this ride is better than bottom perch, but can't say for sure.
@SuperRaptor ...I like your plan!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im at mid perch stk springs now and can't say i love the ride , it has pros and cons over bottom. Id go back to bottom but they charge 500 to do it. Id have a 1,000 bucks into being stock and that rubs me the wrong way.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one should charge $500 to do a perch adjustment....
If you want the ride somewhere between bottom and mid, then I'd say do the gieser bros progressives. I was similar to you that I liked certain aspects of both. For straight on road ride, I don't think you can beat stock bottom perch. Off road and handling, I preferred mid. I think these progressive coils are a good balance. I would say that they are closer to mid than stock bottom overall though. I think these springs feel like mid but without as much of the "pogo"/stiffness/pressure.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats exactly what i want... looks like another 500 is on the way out the door:). This whole settling / dead coils worries me a bit tho.