Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Progressive springs my experience.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by mudblood, Aug 19, 2014.

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. mudblood

mudblood FRF Addict

I had the Geiser bros. progressive springs installed on my 14. I had read many comments both positive and negative about running these springs at mid perch. After 10 days of driving both on and off road I must say I am totally impressed. I find the on highway ride a bit softer than stock mid perch but the off road ride is really an improvement far an d above any thing I expected. Now as to getting a full two inches of height I will say I did not get a full two inches. My front went from 42.25 at mid perch to 43 7/8 inches. This puts me with the rear measuring 44.25 at pretty darn close to perfectly level. So far I most pleased with my change.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    onesickpuppy likes this.
  2. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

That's what she said. Carry on...

Madcowranch likes this.
  3. mudblood

mudblood FRF Addict

She was talking about "across"not long. I hate penis envy!:snoopfacepalm::snoopfacepalm::snoopfacepalm:

onesickpuppy likes this.
  4. LekRap

LekRap Full Access Member

Glad to hear that your happy @mudblood! I like that you went out on a limb and tried what you wanted. About your slight difference in rear and front height...once your springs settle some (probably about 1/2"), you'll be at about 1" higher in the rear. You could do a 1" drop shackle and be dead level.

I actually got my Gieser Bros progressive springs on today. I went with putting them at bottom perch (so with these springs its at about mid-perch height). For me, I'm not looking for any more lift than stock mid perch...I am just looking for best ride out of these springs. I went from stock springs on mid-perch to this. After installing these springs on bottom perch, I am sitting right now about 1/2" higher than I was at stock mid perch. After settling, I expect it pretty much exactly the same as before. I don't see any difference in height...the ride is the difference!

My impressions after one day of just street driving...AHHHHHHHH, THE RELIEF!!!
    The pressure/stiffness has been released!!! The biggest thing that got to me about mid perch on stock was the "pogo"/stiff/pressure feel that it gave the ride on the street. I was relieved when I first drove it today that the front suspension was relieved! Let me just say, its still a truck, didn't feel like floating on a cloud...but anyone that knows the stiff feeling that the truck has on stock mid perch knows whats Im talking about. I would agree with others who have said that the ride of these on bottom perch is somewhere between stock bottom and mid...thats a good thing to me.

I will update after driving around a few more days and getting it off road some

5. M64D RAPTOR

M64D RAPTOR Full Access Member

Just ordered me a set.

6. mudblood

mudblood FRF Addict

Glad your enjoying them. From what I have read the springs do not really settle that much. At most about 1/4 inch. My tank was full the first time I measured. I now have half a tank and the truck is exactly perfectly level as a matter of fact the front is actually 1/8 inch higher but who is complaining. The one issue I have found is the quality of the front springs show up the crappy stock rear springs. I do see Deaver +2 somewhere in my future.

vanilla_gorilla likes this.
  7. LekRap

Haha! Yeah, I actually was thinking the same thing about now needing Deavers! I was warned by one member on here that these springs would do that...expose the poor ride in the back. Just from driving it one day, I can see that. These front springs did solve my biggest problem of the pogo for sure, so that's worth it's weight in gold. I think I blamed every little bump and hop on the front suspension when I felt that tension there. With these new springs, I definitely like the way the front feels and now can pinpoint the times when the rear are lacking.

Guess we opened the flood gates, huh @mudblood! Just kidding...I'm glad we did. When I get my Deavers, I'm all set and will be really really happy with my setup.

@M64D RAPTOR -congrats on the order, you will be happy with them. What's your plan? Are you going to put them on at bottom or mid perch?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  8. caisaacson

caisaacson Full Access Member

Deavers most definitely make a huge difference.

How much yall paying for the progressive springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. LekRap

$500...not cheap but worth it to me

10. mudblood

mudblood FRF Addict

I agree particularly when folks who had Fox 3.0's are switching back to the stock Fox shocks and going with these springs and enjoying the ride much more. I got a huge improvment for 500 bucks much more than things I have done for twice the price.

Cory, you enjoy the new ride!!!!!:favorites13:

LekRap likes this.