Progressive springs my experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No worries Mudblood, I have ultra thick skin.....
The thing to remember is with any aftermaket part that has claims of improvement is geared towards selling products! Kind of like CAI, headers, ect and butt dyno. Lets see real data, not claims that in threory it works..... perpetual motion is not absolute yet, but in therory it should......
If you added up all claims of HP gains % for bolt on parts, you could have a motor that makes 1000 HP out of 200 CU, technecally!
Buyer beware!

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Half empty glass.

Ain't it the truth. If we all took the it's gonna fail attitude the aftermarket folks would be out of business. I do agree that some things only improve to the purchaser. These springs are not softer they are progressive. The company really make no huge claims of improvement. Their point was more you could go to bottom perch and still get the same lift. The improvement claims are primarily by owners who are experiencing additional unclaimed improvements. Are they real or imagined? That is always the big question. That in itself means little unless you plan to install them. I notice just about everyone who
Post on here has used and installed aftermarket parts including the poster. That being said we all are somewhat in the same boat here. We can only give our experience and you can take that for what it is worth. However, remember we do this as information to assist our members. Frankly if I didn't care I would never post on this site. I am simply posting as my experiencing to assist anyone interested. I make no claim that your experience will be the same. Hell, in two
Months I may hate these springs and you can be sure I will post that as well.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like someone is a bit sensitive/defensive.
and as you clearly, stated, I too am sharing view points and my knowlege that does include progressive and variable rate. I was a tester for SAW for their prototype progessives, so yes I do know what I am conversing about!
Please post the spring rate curve, in lbs., for these springs. Let's see the progressivness throught the stroke as compared to stock 550's.
OSP

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Wow, sounds like someone is a bit sensitive/defensive.
and as you clearly, stated, I too am sharing view points and my knowlege that does include progressive and variable rate. I was a tester for SAW for their prototype progessives, so yes I do know what I am conversing about!
Please post the spring rate curve, in lbs., for these springs. Let's see the progressivness throught the stroke as compared to stock 550's.
OSP

The main thread on this(progressive springs) clearly states the maker of these springs and their web site. Just simply do a search. I am sure they could answer your technical questions to a reasonable satisfaction. I like many others are a customer stating my experience. If you wish to learn more or challenge this company ask them directly as I for one would love to see their response.

No offense taken at all. I realize this is the internet and I learned long ago there are more self proclaimed experts on the internet than fish in the ocean. Just trying to share my experience. It's all good here.

Last edited:

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the admins should buy a set of these using donations and anyone who wants to try them puts up a $600-$800 deposit to "rent" them and see how they like them. You don't return them then you lose your deposit and the admins buy a new set for rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...or just buy yourself a pair for $500. Won't be disappointed if you like mid perch height but want better ride. Could always take them off and sell them if you don't like them...but I don't see that happening

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A @Jordan@Apollo-Optics That's what I was hearing but I was also told that rear 3.0's with springs will then start to override a set of stock front shocks with progressive coils. I noticed bad hopping in the sand this weekend and I would like to help alleviate it (hoping springs was going to help a lot but maybe not?). I'm no expert as far as off-road suspension goes thats for sure.

It definitely helped settle down the ass end of the truck. But because it settled down, I pushed it a little bit further, which just accentuated the fact the stock rear shocks can't keep up with the front. I've heard the same about 3.0's in the back outdriving the front, but when you go 3.0's up front you're back to having the front outdrive the back. If you only have money for 2 shocks, I would upgrade the rear first, and then get the front 3.0's at a later date.