Power Steering mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's time I give up on GJ shipping my reservoir kit out... Was trying to be nice about it but it's going on 3 months now.
That's completely unacceptable.

It's double bummer because the product itself is amazing for us guys that don't need the super over board systems for double the price.

Just start piecing it together with parts we have in this thread I guess.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's completely unacceptable.

It's double bummer because the product itself is amazing for us guys that don't need the super over board systems for double the price.

Just start piecing it together with parts we have in this thread I guess.
Yea that's what I am going to do. Was just trying to have it all one brand but I guess that aint happening.

I bought it through Krazy House Customs, so I can use the $500 for something else. Just not sure what haha.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that's what I am going to do. Was just trying to have it all one brand but I guess that aint happening.

I bought it through Krazy House Customs, so I can use the $500 for something else. Just not sure what haha.
KHC is solid. I got some replacement hardware from them. Been meaning to buy their diff skid plate, but after going thru a few "trails" here in Florida I should be fine.

Speedhunter

Reaction score
Hi, I want to install a power steering cooler on my Gen 1. I recently purchased a Derale Oil Cooler 13220. It's very similar to the GJ Motorsports one.

I've seen many people install these and bypass the original cooler on top of the radiator. I'm wanting to know if anyone has installed them in conjunction with the factory cooler?

I don't think it would be hard just need to know the flow of the fluid and tie the two coolers together.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.10.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.10.38 AM.png
    440.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.10.21 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.10.21 AM.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to install a power steering cooler on my Gen 1. I recently purchased a Derale Oil Cooler 13220. It's very similar to the GJ Motorsports one.

I've seen many people install these and bypass the original cooler on top of the radiator. I'm wanting to know if anyone has installed them in conjunction with the factory cooler?

I don't think it would be hard just need to know the flow of the fluid and tie the two coolers together.
Yes. Very easy. I thought I posted a video up here showing the routing.

Not perfect since it's not using the stock location of the reservoir, but I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

Heres @badm0t0rfinger video
Post in thread 'Power Steering mods'
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/power-steering-mods.89339/post-1946161

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So you added an extra cooler without upgrading the reservoir?