Jack Help Pro Eagle or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's tough to drop $500 plus on a jack, but I can't imagine getting a flat tire off-road or on the side of a dangerous road and using the standard jack that comes with the truck. I also do my own tire rotations, so I will definitely need something since my craftsman 2 ton isn't able to lift high enough. Speaking of height, I use my jack for other vehicles too (like cars) and the height of the Pro Eagle might be too much to allow it to slide under a car or even a friend stuck on the side of the road, I've needed a low profile sometimes in this case. I also don't want some giant size XL jack taking up precious space in the bed for my off-road trips to baja. I'm not interested in a Farm Jack. Ran one of those in my jeep for 14 years and they can be a little on the dangerous side, and can damage the truck also.

So does such a Jack exist? Should I be looking at Harbor Freight? The CAT knock off of the Pro Eagle? Or maybe the Pro Eagle OG is really exactly what I am looking for?

Would love to hear from someone who has the Pro Eagle OG and if its working for our truck in terms of lifting it high enough. Thanks as always for all the great info.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have a pro eagle for the truck, standard floor jack in the garage for other vehicles. The pro eagle is mounted in my bypass rack so doesn't take up garage space.

The other option is the Harbor Freight jack. There are companies that make skid plates for them. You can bolt it on for adventures, put the wheels back on for home use.

1665510749045.png

Edit:
It will really come down to personal preference. I don't mind having 2 different jacks. I took the factory one out of the truck and use that space for my VHF radio.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a pro eagle for the truck, standard floor jack in the garage for other vehicles. The pro eagle is mounted in my bypass rack so doesn't take up garage space.

The other option is the Harbor Freight jack. There are companies that make skid plates for them. You can bolt it on for adventures, put the wheels back on for home use.

View attachment 375160

Edit:
It will really come down to personal preference. I don't mind having 2 different jacks. I took the factory one out of the truck and use that space for my VHF radio.
To add on to this.

Solo Motorsports makes that mount. I have their pro eagle one.

Also for some added height, you can modify most of the aluminum racing jacks from harbor freight to accept the pro eagle cup and extensions.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Edit:
Yes I want to use this area for a locking safe so it will be good to ditch the factory jack.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To add on to this.

Solo Motorsports makes that mount. I have their pro eagle one.

Also for some added height, you can modify most of the aluminum racing jacks from harbor freight to accept the pro eagle cup and extensions.
Ok so thank you for mentioning this. The Pro Eagle shows the jacks on their website, but it appears it shows them with Jack Extension added onto it. A little bit of false advertisement there.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so thank you for mentioning this. The Pro Eagle shows the jacks on their website, but it appears it shows them with Jack Extension added onto it. A little bit of false advertisement there.
Mine came with the extension but its been some many years since I purchased, do they no longer include it? also must have accessories, the little plastic cover that protects the jack cup surface is a solid addition and if you live in a corrosive environment then i'd consider a jack cover.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine came with the extension but its been some many years since I purchased, do they no longer include it? also must have accessories, the little plastic cover that protects the jack cup surface is a solid addition and if you live in a corrosive environment then i'd consider a jack cover.
Well after watching some you tube videos it seems as if it does come with an extension but there is also an upgraded taller extension you can purchase. I've got this all figured out. Headed out to Harbor Freight to see what the other jack looks like in person and I'll go from there.