Poor quality paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scsq

Reaction score
I took delivery of a new gen3 raptor a few days ago (12mi on odometer) but once in the daylight i noticed the hood and one front fender both have creases in the metal, and the other front fender has bubbled paint with exposed metal (pen tip sized) near the head light. one of the exterior window trims also is defective on the edge (almost looks as if it was eaten by by a pair of pliers.) Truck drives incredibly well and is great otherwise, but i am concerned about having to go through process of replacing hood/ fenders, because i am fearful the paint finish will not match factory (code orange) and the resale value would drop significantly due to the front end having been repainted.

Has anyone had this level of poor craftsmanship, and if so how was it handled by ford and dealer? truck replaced?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like transportation damage. You have a certain window of time (1 week I think?) to report it to the dealer and have it covered.