Placing an order confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Im needing some professional advice on what is going on with my order! So I placed an order through a dealer a couple of months ago and thought everything was good because I reached out to Ford and confirmed that my order was placed. My issue is that another dealer (without me asking them to) placed an order for the exact same truck, except this time I received an email from Ford stating that my order was confirmed.

-Is there a reason I would not get an email from the first order?

-Is there a difference in order types? Allocated vs non-allocated?

Im just hoping to get some feedback from the pros!

Thanks guys

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Im needing some professional advice on what is going on with my order! So I placed an order through a dealer a couple of months ago and thought everything was good because I reached out to Ford and confirmed that my order was placed. My issue is that another dealer (without me asking them to) placed an order for the exact same truck, except this time I received an email from Ford stating that my order was confirmed.

-Is there a reason I would not get an email from the first order?

-Is there a difference in order types? Allocated vs non-allocated?

Im just hoping to get some feedback from the pros!

Thanks guys
Many of us have not gotten an email, but our orders are in and scheduled. So that's not a big deal.

Allocated vs non-allocated. HUGE deal. If that dealer doesn't have an allocation, you won't get a truck!

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of us have not gotten an email, but our orders are in and scheduled. So that's not a big deal.

Allocated vs non-allocated. HUGE deal. If that dealer doesn't have an allocation, you won't get a truck!
Thats good to know! I just wasnt sure if I should have gotten an email or not. I just assumed that because I didnt get an email from the first order that it was a non-allocated order. That being said, is there a way to confirm that they had an allocation when ordering? I was told that they did but have no way of proving it. Thanks for the feedback, man. I appreciate it.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good to know! I just wasnt sure if I should have gotten an email or not. I just assumed that because I didnt get an email from the first order that it was a non-allocated order. That being said, is there a way to confirm that they had an allocation when ordering? I was told that they did but have no way of proving it. Thanks for the feedback, man. I appreciate it.
Unless you know how to get hold of their regional rep, you probably are going to have to take their word for it. You can call or chat with Ford Performance ( https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ ), give them your Order Number/code and dealer code (sales code), and they can tell you if it's been scheduled or not. If so, your dealer will have a VIN for you.

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you know how to get hold of their regional rep, you probably are going to have to take their word for it. You can call or chat with Ford Performance ( https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ ), give them your Order Number/code and dealer code (sales code), and they can tell you if it's been scheduled or not. If so, your dealer will have a VIN for you.
I got you. Well, I guess finding the regional rep is my next task. lol Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it.

Shugl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm very new to the forums and like many here, recently ordered a 2022 Raptor from my local dealer. I received the email confirming my order, but thought it would be interesting to chat with a Ford Performance representative to confirm its status. By the way, did this all through their website chat feature and it was super easy (agent was super friendly too). The rep confirmed that my order was "Unscheduled-Clean". The key word being "clean", which per the rep means your dealer has or had allocation for your vehicle at the time of orders. We all know the importance of allocation. This might be old news but thought I would share anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned the hard way. Order a 21' in June from a dealer who said they didnt know their allocation amount but confirmed they had allocations to order raptors. Fast forward to today, the order sat "unscheduled Clean" until the final 2021 build week was scheduled. I had to re order a 22' with a dealer and this time I was very adamant about having the sales person confirm the allocation before placing the order. My 22' order was placed and now scheduled for production with VIN number.

If your sales person can't confirm an allocation, find another dealer. The up front work to call around and find someone who knows their allocation amount might be a lot but its worth it to know you'll be getting a truck. Waiting 3 months and then to not get a truck is a kick in the ****.

Shugl

Reaction score
I learned the hard way. Order a 21' in June from a dealer who said they didnt know their allocation amount but confirmed they had allocations to order raptors. Fast forward to today, the order sat "unscheduled Clean" until the final 2021 build week was scheduled. I had to re order a 22' with a dealer and this time I was very adamant about having the sales person confirm the allocation before placing the order. My 22' order was placed and now scheduled for production with VIN number.

If your sales person can't confirm an allocation, find another dealer. The up front work to call around and find someone who knows their allocation amount might be a lot but its worth it to know you'll be getting a truck. Waiting 3 months and then to not get a truck is a kick in the ****.
Curious..when did you order the 22' and how long was it when you rec'd the VIN?

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same story for me... unscheduled clean status on a '21 order since June. New order for a '22 and have a VIN now. Clean means nothing more than your order has no issues with the options you put together. From what I have learned, clean status does not mean there is an allocation for your order.