pismo/oceano dunes meet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thetruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pismo is definitely a fun place to go! I lived about 3 minutes away from the dunes before I moved out here to Las Vegas. In certain months out of the year there's literally a river that takes the lives of many trucks that dare to cross through it (usually in the winter months) I would recommend taking caution crossing it or as I like to do, let someone drive across it before me to judge where the deep spots are and find a good path to cross. Also, while driving along the beach on the sand be sure to stay at 15mph (no more than 17mph!!). The rangers are getting more strict with driving over the posted speed limit out there. If you have any other questions regarding Pismo dunes, feel free to hit me up cause I lived there for about 7 years. I have quite a few friends in that area as well, so I visit frequently from time to time.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
correct. i didnt mention that. the water crossing does get a bit large during the winter months. what i have found, is that crossing it closer to the ocean is much less deep. even drive in the ocean if need be. i have taken my subaru many times through it, so i speak from experience.

genus727

Reaction score
I'm a new member on here and just bought a Raptor. I would love to join up with you and learn some of your dune-jumpin' skills. I live about 5 minutes away from the dunes in Pismo. I've got a baby due any day now, so put me down as a maybe.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a new member on here and just bought a Raptor. I would love to join up with you and learn some of your dune-jumpin' skills. I live about 5 minutes away from the dunes in Pismo. I've got a baby due any day now, so put me down as a maybe.

Nice! It will be my first time out with the Raptor as well. Looks like this is turning into a pretty good sized group.