New member from Peoria, AZ...kind of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heyitsfish

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but first time poster... My name is Ryan, I am in my mid 30's and live in Peoria, AZ. I have wanted a Raptor for as long as I can remember and became very serious about purchasing one when the Gen 3 was originally announced. I began seriously hunting last year but quickly realized that was not going to happen unless I was 1) willing to spend a LOT of time (which I don't have), 2) spend a lot of money (which I did not like) or 3) perform unmentionable acts on one of the local Ford GM's (which my wife was very opposed to). So, I "settled" on a 2019 somewhat loaded Raptor which I picked up late last year.

After a couple trips to the desert, I quickly added the ADD Pro bolt on bumper, set of BD squadrons and more recently a set of LP4's on the A-pillar. Being one to seriously struggle with leaving anything alone, I also added a Cobb AP along with a custom 91+E50 tune from Goose Tuned. Everything was going smoothly and I was loving the truck, but that Gen 3 itch was still very much there...

Well, this weekend the stars seemed to align as I was finally able to find a 2022 from a local dealer at a price which didn't make me want to throw up. Was it MSRP...nope. But, that is the current state of things and I do not see that changing drastically in the near future. So, I decided to part ways with a few extra thousand bucks in exchange for getting the truck I truly wanted NOW versus waiting another 1-2 years. Fortunately, some of this was offset by the still elevated prices being paid for used trucks and I was able to trade my 2019 in for essentially what I paid for it. Truck is Agate Black, 35", 801A with moonroof/tailgate and forged bead locks.

I am absolutely in love with the Gen 3 and can't wait to test it out further. The interior, tech and overall drive makes the 19 feel 10 years older than it was. Not saying the 19 was bad, but as most have reported, the Gen 3 is just really good. I am in process of transferring over the lights as well as a set of AlphaEquipt Foxtrots I had originally purchased for the Gen 2. I know the Raptor community is fairly big here in Phoenix (there is a very nice white Gen 2 who lives down the street from my office...so if you are on here, Hi!) and hope to get out to some of the runs and meet you guys in person!

Pics for proof along with the other TT 6cyl in the garage... :cool:

2019.jpg

2022.jpgCandC.jpg

OP
OP
heyitsfish

heyitsfish

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a Gen 3. How's the ride? I can only imagine the improvement.
It is quite the improvement in the little bit of testing I have been able to do. And I had a DSC controller on the Gen 2 which helped. Excited to get the wheels off the ground and really test it out!