pismo/oceano dunes meet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had an absolute blast out there. Good food, great people, and lots of open space! The only thing that would've made it better...warmer temps at night. Damn it was cold! Still a great time though.

When we left, we had a strange rattle coming from the truck. Found nothing loose, no warning lights, and the truck runs great...but the sound would go away when 4-wheel was engaged. So I just dropped it off with Ford to get that checked out. It doesn't sound serious, but I get a rental, and it's covered under warranty. They're also going to clean the sand out of the tire that popped the bead. That'll cost me a whopping $12...LOL!

We can't wait for the next gathering!

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had an absolute blast out there. Good food, great people, and lots of open space! The only thing that would've made it better...warmer temps at night. Damn it was cold! Still a great time though.

When we left, we had a strange rattle coming from the truck. Found nothing loose, no warning lights, and the truck runs great...but the sound would go away when 4-wheel was engaged. So I just dropped it off with Ford to get that checked out. It doesn't sound serious, but I get a rental, and it's covered under warranty. They're also going to clean the sand out of the tire that popped the bead. That'll cost me a whopping $12...LOL!

We can't wait for the next gathering!
quit breaking shit damn it......... haha

too bad you couldnt have stayed longer, you could have watched me bail off the quad.... oops....

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Ford says the tire that popped the bead, damaged a 4wd vacuum line harness. Since the bead popped while the tires were under pressurized, it's not covered under warranty. Damage is approximately $635. Ouch! Lesson learned.

The upside is that one of our coverage plans, pays for a rental for as long as they need the truck...which they estimate at 3 days. So we got a fully loaded Explorer...which is what the wife has been eyeing for awhile now. I have a feeling she'll be taking the Explorer for the repairs duration, not me.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am glad we had people show up and I personally really enjoyed putting a face to the name on the screen. Thanks to those that showed and appreciate all your help and advice. I am looking forward to the lost coast run in April... Myself I am thinnking about a run that has been going in my head for an idea go to google maps look for Austin Nevada, near Fallon Naval air station. Just before you get to Austin is a dirt road heads over the mountains has some real high speed stuff and some trail crawling with some of the most amazing scenery. Follow the road which becomes Kingston grade, follow to 376 then up towards 50 again to drop on to a dirt road that cuts straight across the desert again and winds through the next range of mountains, follow over to head towards Round Mountain Nevada again very high speed roads (dirt loose gravel). Wind over the mountain near Round mountain again heading towards 50 on the othersdie of the mountains you came down. Traveling back towards Austin for fuel, about 500 miles overall.. End point is near Fallon at a place called sand mountain recreation area, this is a mutli day trip and will require carrying fuel to not run out ( Hwy 50 s the loneliest road in america for a reason). Thoughts ideas? PS Puddle sorry about your truck, but it fixes hope Buzz is ok... ...

Attachments

• PISMO 018.JPG
    PISMO 018.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 27
  • PISMO 060.JPG
    PISMO 060.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 26
  • PISMO 068.jpg
    PISMO 068.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 24
  • PISMO 061.JPG
    PISMO 061.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 27
  • PISMO 013.jpg
    PISMO 013.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Run sounds great Ice. Would this be something that could be done over a weekend?

Those pics don't do the hill justice. It was 2x as steep as it looks.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The run I described would probably take Meet Saturday am and return Sunday PM... That puts everyone in Reno about 6 to 7 PM Sunday night, gauge driving time home from Reno.. But the Run can only be May June or late Aug or Sept.. To hot or to much snow otherwise.. The roads are never cleared out there and snow does not melt off until early April... And yes that hill was about to flip the truck so it really was worse then the pictures show, but we over came that .... lol...

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Sand mountain Nevada...
Sand Mountain Nevada - YouTube

Sand Mountain NV "Balls of Steel" Dodge in the bowl - YouTube

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited: