Outline strip lights (park-lights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
Hey guys, new 2019 Raptor owner here.

I traded in my 2016 XLT sport and got a Raptor.

My XLT didn't have the LED option and i was always a bit jealous of the guys who had the cool amber and red outline lights. So i upgraded to a Raptor because, A> It's a Raptor. And B> because it has those led outlines.

But now i find that not those but the low-beams are the daylight running lights :(

Is there an easy way to change that (without losing the automatic lights function)
Are there settings for that? Or should i just leave my lights on always? And if i do that, would the high beam still be automatic and will they turn off when i turn off the engine and close the car?

I've found that it could possibly be changed with forscan, but that seems so freekin complicated to me... If that's the only way; if anyone is from around Cincinnati, OH and knows Forscan pretty well, let me know lol :/

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome & Congratulations!
Yes, you can change your DRL’s to the ambers as you are looking for with ForScan. You can do it to include the amber turns that adds more amber light or not as well.
Your automatic light control will still turn on the the heads as they normally would. I currently have the set up you are looking for on my ‘19 and very happy.
I have completed many mods that the folks on this forum have shared with me and I have plenty more yet to go. With that said, I should have started with learning everything ForScan has to offer as it’s a great bang for the buck and best of all I learned so much more detail about how the electronics work which gave me the additional confidence to do my own mods.
I am not near you but I would research ForScan on this and the F150 forum and follow all the information from Livinitup and you will soon be helping others.
Best of luck!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

OP
OP
JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
Thank you for your nice message!

I guess i'm gonna have to look into ForScan then.. Which is a little bit daunting, especially because all of the computers etc. in my house are Apple lol
Do you have a link to the spreadsheet where i can find those specific codes on? I'll try to figure out which module to get and read up on ForScan. Which for now still seems like Chinese to me lol