Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure our trucks aren't lonely. lol I believe there are a crap load of them sitting out in a snow covered field just waiting to be the next "toy" chosen from the pile.

Oh I get that. My phrase is "It can always be worse".

But really that's not a fair analogy for this situation. Sure it can be worse or it's just first world problems but honestly it comes down to just giving us some accurate information. I don't care if Ford doesn't want to disclose the issues that need fixed or corrected but at least give us some realistic information on when we can expect our vehicles. If I or my customer knows they have to wait another month then so be it. We may not be happy about that but at least we have a time line and prepare ourselves ad our situation for the wait. It would be different if Ford really didn't have any idea and couldn't tell us anything. But that's not the case here.

yeah, but as I posted in another discussion Ford is in a precarious situation commenting on the reasons for the delays. I think saying nothing publicly is probably better for everyone, they just don’t want to admit it.

for example, let’s say that some attentive line worker discovered a serious flaw in say... the transmission and for the sake of discussion let’s say the cause is a faulty part in the transmission, causing the truck to upshift sloppy and eventually fail, rendering the truck undriveable. Trucks are impounded, investigated, part identified and replacements begin while the newer units are fixed before installation in the truck and newer trans. are equipped with the revised part.

IF Ford says ‘guys, we blew it on this trans, a bunch of gears had improperly hardened metal and will fatigue and break. We’ll keep you updated.
a couple weeks later ‘dear potential raptor customer, our initial analysis showed faulty gears. new research has identified some improper seals as well’

By now, not only is the Raptor sale and resale value taking a hit, but anything in the line using a variation of that trans. customers begin to be wary of the new tech and years down the road, especially if there are frequent trans problems, the resale value will be forever impacted. Unlike now, if this were the case, orders would get cancelled because nobody likes dealing with a problem child vehicle.

I realize the busted ETA is bad customer service and bad for business, but this happens in every large company from Acme Widgets, to Amazon to Zeke’s guns. I send parts out for replacement and I can tell you that unless you’re paying for premium “touch by touch” scanning, the guy you talk to on the phone has no idea how to find out where the parts actually are and I’m sure Ford is having similar problems here.

both of these kind of run together. a bunch of vehicles had to be pulled, troubleshot, fixed and re-released. you can’t ETA an unknown issue accurately so what is customer service to do, give you no eta, or make one up that will almost certainly not be met? the most correct answer is no eta, because a broken eta wins you a sit down with corporate.

I’m not saying that information shouldn’t be better, I’m saying that I think it’s understandable in context. Frustrating, but understandable.

2017RAPTOR

Reaction score
Got the call from my dealer today ... just came in!!! They orgioonally told me eta deliver would be the 16th

I'll take it unfortunately not till Saturday because I'm out of town on business..

Lightning Blue Supercrew
802a
Twin roof
Technology package
Beadlock wheels
Appliqué
Bed step
Heated wheel and rear seats

Can't wait !!!!

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the call from my dealer today ... just came in!!! They orgioonally told me eta deliver would be the 16th

I'll take it unfortunately not till Saturday because I'm out of town on business..

Lightning Blue Supercrew

802a

Twin roof

Technology package

Beadlock wheels

Appliqué

Bed step

Can't wait !!!!

Nice sounds like We ordered the same truck (minus the bed step) - it's gonna be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstunkard

Reaction score
Vehicle is rail loaded as of yesterday. New ETA 1/19 now.

Good luck Vince hope it arrives early!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Lightning Blue Supercrew
802a
Twin roof
Technology package
Beadlock wheels
Appliqué
Bed step

Can't wait !!!!

Congrats! I am still waiting but have an ETA of 1/17... and I will be headed out of town that day on business. Hopefully it arrives early.
Glad to see another one in Pittsburgh!

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seeing alot of early orders and builds shipping out. Ordered 9/29
Was updated to, as per FS
"Produced"
Guess I'm one of the lucky early build holdbacks
We need a thread started where us early build and ordered guys can keep up to date on any issues or concerns after delivery.
Has anyone else been given a status "produced".
My produced date is 1/19 then goes for spray in bed liner.

Last edited:

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per FP….Mine is still awaiting shipment and there is a secondary status entry “Delay – Miscellaneous Transit Delay (Vehi-ship Llc)” He doesn’t know what that means, says it could mean it was loaded and just sitting on rail car (he is just guessing). Anyone know what that entry means?

Ordered - 7/26
Built - 11/21
Realeased & awaiting shipment – 12/13
Last database entry – 12/23

White SCrew / 802a / Beadlocks / Hood Graphics

Last edited:

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford service just told me mine is "in transit". First change since it went to ramp 59. [emoji1303] Of course that doesn't mean much! Dealer said they don't know anything. But I guess we'll find out soon!

Just like you all, some change is better than nothing!!!

Dealer just called with an update. He called his rep, and they said my fender and door got scratched so the delivery truck turned around and sent it back to the factory. [emoji19] they are supposed to swap parts out and re-ship! I suspect another 2 to 3 week delay for this guy. Maybe longer!

Matt

Bassman

Reaction score
Dealer just called with an update. He called his rep, and they said my fender and door got scratched so the delivery truck turned around and sent it back to the factory. [emoji19] they are supposed to swap parts out and re-ship! I suspect another 2 to 3 week delay for this guy. Maybe longer!

Matt

Wow, that sucks so bad! I would lose it if that happened to me after waiting this long. Hopefully yours will get here soon.

OP
OP
B

brons130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started this thread hope to end it for me soon

I ordered July 26th built Oct 13th original eta Nov13th then retrofuckup. It got off train in St loiuis MO 4 days ago and eta is Jan 22nd. How it takes two weeks to got 200miles is beside me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc