Ok some one do a zero to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Sure, most of us aren’t racing Baja, but it shows that the Raptor can be beaten off road for an extended period under extreme conditions and stay together and keep running, something that can’t be said of the TRX from what I’ve seen.
Time will tell. Someone is gonna do it. We’re talking about doing it on the TRX forum but still early and would be forum members driving, not a factory team with factory support.

You can say the TRX hasn’t done it, not that it will fall apart. Nobody knows how it will perform.

That said, based on available metrics, I would agree the Raptor is probably the better desert endurance truck. The TRX is too heavy and thirsty.

But blasting through baja in a hellcat powered truck will be epic. Idc if we need a fuel tanker chase truck =)

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
They do compare it to the raptor though. That would at least be indirectly claiming it is a baja truck.
Eh. This is a stretch. They are the only two trucks in the “class” even though the design philosophy is obviously different.

The TRX and Raptor direct competitors. Both shine in different areas.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That said, based on available metrics, I would agree the Raptor is probably the better desert endurance truck. The TRX is too heavy and thirsty.

But blasting through baja in a hellcat powered truck will be epic. Idc if we need a fuel tanker chase truck =)
There’s no doubt that it would be fun at first! My only concern would be heat-soak. I don’t know (I literally don’t - I’m not saying that facetiously) how well the TRX’s cooling system works. I’ve had supercharged vehicles in the past, and they just fall on their face when pushed for too long…

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that the Raptor in nearly stock form has completed the Baja 1000 is very important compared to 0-60 times. 0-60 times really have no relevance in off road motor sports aside from doing drag races at Glamis or the Stadium Super Trucks series. Most off road racing focuses on maintaining high rates of speed so 0-60 is pointless. If anything, 60-100 would be a better metric of what the race trucks are actually doing over and over again.

The reason it’s so important and impressive that the Raptor has run Baja is because it’s a benchmark of reliability in an endurance race event. Sure, most of us aren’t racing Baja, but it shows that the Raptor can be beaten off road for an extended period under extreme conditions and stay together and keep running, something that can’t be said of the TRX from what I’ve seen.
/thread

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
There’s no doubt that it would be fun at first! My only concern would be heat-soak. I don’t know (I literally don’t - I’m not saying that facetiously) how well the TRX’s cooling system works. I’ve had supercharged vehicles in the past, and they just fall on their face when pushed for too long…
It definitely heat soaks. I’m putting upgraded cooling bricks in the sc. need an aux oil cooler. Brakes are kinda crap. I still love it

Dtsgli

Reaction score
So it is OK to say you can do the Rubicon Trail without actually doing it? Doing it and not advertising it is one thing. Saying you could do it without actually doing it is another thing.

Yes the TRX is a capable vehicle. But I think if they want to compete in the Baja style truck realm, they should get out and do Baja. Of course I don’t know if Ram wants to be considered a Baja truck. Though it does appear many consumers think it is.
Which generation did Ford test again? Was it Gen 1 or Gen 2? I didn’t see any Gen 3 testing or completion of Baja - especially with the new suspension, is this argument is even at this point.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
But don’t you think it would be germane to the discussion to think that for a truck to be considered a “Baja style truck” it should have actually driven in Baja?
I guess I should have quoted this post. Can’t find evidence the Gen 3 ran Baja. So technically no truck that’s come out recently could be considered a Baja truck.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Plenty of other vehicles have been tested on the Baja, completed it, and don’t mention it in their marketing. Should they tout it? Nope. Does it matter to any buyer? Nope.

A stock Jeep Wrangler TJ completed the Rubicon. Yet they don’t call every wrangler a rubicon. The bronco tested the Baja. No mention of a Baja completion. The rivian tested there, the Tacoma ran it, 4Runner testing, Tundra TRD Pro from current Gen. anyone mention this from a marketing perspective? Nope. Because it doesn’t matter…
But the TRX hasn’t and THAT is the point here…

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which generation did Ford test again? Was it Gen 1 or Gen 2?
I guess I should have quoted this post. Can’t find evidence the Gen 3 ran Baja. So technically no truck that’s come out recently could be considered a Baja truck.
This is the kind of advertising Ram pushed with the TRX. It’s pretty good marketing.

Looks like fire cleared roads to me… good marketing though…