Ok some one do a zero to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have quoted this post. Can’t find evidence the Gen 3 ran Baja. So technically no truck that’s come out recently could be considered a Baja
Really? From what the guys said at Raptor Assault is Ford runs the current Gen Raptor in the Baja 1000 every year…. But last time they changed gens they hid the truck in gen 1 body with a gen 2 platform… Picture below shows the Blue Gen 1 Body with the Gen2 platform…. BTW the other trucks there ran the Baja 1000 also…. Loved the 2017 there in the Avalanche grey…. Great Color!1632368293094.jpeg1632368344414.jpeg

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason it matters to some is that while the truck is not a trophy truck, not a beamed and linked ranger, it is pretty capable for a factory truck. It handles the rough stuff pretty well.

The truck going down to baja is a measuring stick of how well it performs in the rough stuff much like a 0-60 describes how quickly a vehicle accelerates.

Have you had the opportunity to get your truck in the dirt at speed? If you have not, I highly recommend
I’m not trying to be a TRX fanboy or a Raptor Fanboy here, I hope you’re not interpreting that way.

It is a Baja style truck, just like the Raptor. That’s what they were built based upon. Just because one ran it and the other hasn’t, doesn’t mean they can’t share the same category. Aside from these two vehicles, there is no other in this “category.”

Ford DOES NOT sell the Raptor as a Baja Race Truck, but mention it is designed with Baja in mind.

I’ll again remind you, no one is taking their stock raptor or TRX to run the Baja from the dealer. Most all of us will be at least 95% on road with 5% off-road, and even those off-road uses for the majority could probably be done in a Jeep Liberty.

These trucks are the same, but different in their own respects. All the VS. videos I’ve seen on YouTube don’t really show significant differences on or off-road.

Raptor Pluses
1. Weight
2. Torsion front diff
3. 2WD capable

TRX Pluses
1. Massive HP
2. Interior quality

Outside of these, they now have the same suspension, Mpg is irrelevant for most of us buying them, and we chew our miles up on road.
Have you been to Raptor Assault?!? Changed my mind on the truck 100%… Simply amazed at what the truck can do… as for the TRX…. It is simply a reversed engineered Raptor Gen 2 with V8 supercharged motor… There are leaked emails from the engineers at Ram/Chrysler that confirm this… Chrysler stuffs this “hell kitten” motor in everything… Hell even a minivan to get Dads to buy it….. Ford has been creating the benchmark for “Baja Style” truck for over a decade…

Dtsgli

Reaction score
This guy has a good video 0-60 in his stock 35 Gen 3. Hit 5.6 sec from stop.

Was posted on the Ford Raptor Owners (Gen 3) page.
That sounds better, and maybe it’ll get a little better after more break in miles.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like for one of the GEN three owners with 37 package fully loaded to go put their truck on a cat scale full of fuel and see what it tips the scales at.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed… much better than that garbage TFL video!!
I don't mind TFL too much but I remember years ago when the C7 first came out they could barely get the car to do 0-60 under 5 seconds no matter how hard they tried. Blamed it on the asphalt lol.