Ok some one do a zero to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpcfi

Reaction score
The only 0 to 60 time I have seen is from TFLT and 7 seconds was bad. They had the 37 package. Anyone willing to test it yet? How does it feel?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw TFL get 10sec 0-60 in the new bronco with the 2.7 Ecoboost and was disappointed, need someone at sea level.

2020LeadFootFL

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents that many will disagree with I’m sure:

I like fast as much as the next guy (or gal) and I have a 2012 CTS-V coupe for that purpose. For me, the Raptor offered the perfect package of capability, performance, and as laughable as it is, fuel economy. When I was looking for a truck, I excluded the TRX because I had no need for 700+ hp in an overlander, and I just couldn’t get past the 10 (really 9) mpg in the city. Even with my tuned truck (Shelby Baja) I still get 12/15 consistently. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s a psychological line I couldn’t bring myself to cross. I’m not interested in the Raptor-R either. More power - literally - to those of you who are.

Tl;dr: Raptor has the power to not feel like a heavy truck but not so much that it’s unruly or wasted. I just don’t need to go 0-60 in under 4 seconds off road.

Last edited:

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d also like to see a closer to sea level 0-60. My 3rd Gen feels faster throughout the mid-range rpms than my 2nd Gen and definitely sounds better. This is on 87 octane as well as that is what the dealer filled it with so I’m looking forward to some tanks of 93. I am still breaking it in so I haven’t gone full throttle from a stop just yet and never had a timed run to compare it to. I did notice that I don’t hear the turbos spool with the windows down nearly as much as I did in my 2nd Gen. The adjustable exhaust is really nice and the truck is extremely quiet on the highway with the exhaust in quiet mode.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2 cents that many will disagree with I’m sure:

I like fast as much as the next guy (or gal!) and I have a 2012 CTS-V coupe for that purpose. For me, the Raptor offered the perfect package of capability, performance, and as laughable as it is, fuel economy. When I was looking for a truck, I excluded the TRX because I had no need for 700+ hp in an overlander, and I just couldn’t get past the 10 (really 9) mpg in the city. Even with my tuned truck (Shelby Baja) I still get 12/15 consistently. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s a psychological line I couldn’t bring myself to cross. I’m not interested in the Raptor-R either. More power (literally!) to those of you who are.

Tl;dr: Raptor has the power to not feel like a heavy truck but not so much that it’s unruly or wasted. I just don’t need to go 0-60 in under 4 seconds off road.
No disagreement here. Your comments are spot on from where I stand. I too could care less about a 700+ hp truck…TRX, Rap R, or otherwise. No need for it, FOR ME and will never knock the next guy/gal for wanting one (look forward to seeing your videos). I have another ride that’ll satisfy that sensation. As you stated, the truck is PLENTY capable as is.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only 0 to 60 time I have seen is from TFLT and 7 seconds was bad. They had the 37 package. Anyone willing to test it yet? How does it feel?
I saw that time too, and on the surface, it seems sort of concerning. But, IIRC, not only were they at elevation but it was 100 degrees too.

The GEN2 was in the low to mid 5 second range, and there's no reason to believe the GEN3 will be much different. The only comment I have heard from GEN3 owners is that there seems to be a lot more torque down low when compared to the GEN2. All that being said, I'm still expecting something in the 5 second range.

But, to your point, now we need someone to go prove it!