Ok some one do a zero to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTG

Reaction score
Yep and in 6 months that pile trash TRX will fall apart! Enjoy that B()tt Ram!
Since 2003 I have purchased four new Ford trucks and three new Rams. Only two lemons were Fords (2008 and 2012 were horrible, 2003 and 2006 were stellar). Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned was a 2016 Ram. Now replaced by a TRX which is 9 months / 9000 miles old. Zero issues, nothing but fun and enjoyment. Like it so much we bought a second for my wife which has also been flawless.

Stupid to be a brand nazzi. Why limit life’s possibilities? Does Ford pay your salary, feed your kids? How narrow minded.

Attachments

• 94369312-7D22-4322-A9E2-9E28AB1E06D5.jpeg
    94369312-7D22-4322-A9E2-9E28AB1E06D5.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s going to be stupid fun and games when a Lightning 40k work truck stops at a light on a 103 degree day at 5000 feet. And a wallpaper hanger says he you in the TRX! Want to run that thing?

That’s how fast things start changing. The sorry part of this story is, you may have just got whooped by something you never heard pull up.
Going to smash a lot of egos for sure :)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my best with Dragy 4.99 sec 0-60 with rollout. Very humid day. You all want to learn turbos and air density watch Gale Banks lectures on You Tube . Boost psi is only part of the hp story. 20 psi at sea level and 20psi at 5000 ft and 20 psi at 10,000 ft . Hp will be lost. Interesting to listen to if you have time
Yeah between temps, humidity and alt. Oxygen density has to all amount to something. 20psi of air may not be the same depending on all these variables.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Jeesh, my raggedy old 2018 with 65k miles will do 0-60 in 4.2 stock truck (tuned) on 50% corn whiskey. The Fiat is just a turdoh of me too with the same old/same old crap they’ve always done. “Just put a bigger engine in it and the neanderthals will love it.”

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Jeesh, my raggedy old 2018 with 65k miles will do 0-60 in 4.2 stock truck (tuned) on 50% corn whiskey. The Fiat is just a turdoh of me too with the same old/same old crap they’ve always done. “Just put a bigger engine in it and the neanderthals will love it.”
I’m absolutely a neanderthal when it comes to motors.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And sounds like a dentist drill. I just have no interest in electrics but they are legit quick. I was surprised first time I drove a tesla.

How fast is the lightning? Have they released the times on it?
Same here. I have driven a $140k Model S that runs low 10’s in the 1/4, but I was bored. How the F is it possible to be bored driving a $140k 10 sec car? An EV is the answer.

If I’m driving a stupid fast car, I want the drama of a screaming engine, and/or spooling turbos, or the glorious whine of a SC. An electric motor just can’t provide that.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife just got a Tesla M3 performance. That thing is stoooopid fast. 0-60 3.1 sec. I can’t imagine the model S Plaid. 1.9 sec.
Just wait for the tech guys (non car guys with zero experience of driving something fast, let alone THAT fast) to get their hands on those Plaid models… that cannot be a good combo

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EV trucks haven’t even hit the road yet. Rivian’s quad motor looks to be quite quick. All these performance specs are from manufacturer testing and who knows what the trucks will exactly be able to do. But if these are the starting numbers, they will get stupid fast in a couple of years.

Just wait till aftermarket performance mods start coming out for EVs. Trucks will be able to go back in time!

I’m curious to see how these things handle and perform off-road. On road will be great. Let’s see.

From what I've heard, the lower center of gravity and instant torque helps a lot. Won't be nose heavy either. Seems like there were some drawbacks too (other than range), but I don't recall them.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wait till aftermarket performance mods start coming out for EVs. Trucks will be able to go back in time!

From what I've heard, the lower center of gravity and instant torque helps a lot. Won't be nose heavy either. Seems like there were some drawbacks too (other than range), but I don't recall them.
One possible issue for the offroad side of it:

I watch Matt’s offroad recovery on YouTube and I can’t remember the exact issues they have, but Tesla’s and hybrids are harder for them to recovery than a traditional ice vehicle.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Same here. I have driven a $140k Model S that runs low 10’s in the 1/4, but I was bored. How the F is it possible to be bored driving a $140k 10 sec car? An EV is the answer.

If I’m driving a stupid fast car, I want the drama of a screaming engine, and/or spooling turbos, or the glorious whine of a SC. An electric motor just can’t provide that.
Turbo noises are my favorite. Far better than a blower imo.