Octane Poll

What octane for the Raptor

• Less than 87

• Higher than 93

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live at sea level and run 93 in everything I own (cars, small equipment, etc). Even worse, I'm still hanging onto an article I read about gas station "tiers" years ago and have only run Shell gasoline (unless I absolutely have no choice), since. I have always assumed there are better detergents in the Top Tier brands and that I am getting better MPG from 93, but have never tested the theory.

Just curious what the general consensus is around here and if it's time to rethink my approach.

Last edited:

RNA352

Reaction score
93 always. I have to plan fillups strategically since there's no Top Tier within 30 minutes of my house.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam's 93 in my raptors since I got my first in 2017. Only time I've used 87 is when prices went over $4 for a few months. Currently 3.63/gallon, always the cheapest around me. Never had a problem with Sam's gas. There is a noticable power difference with premium/regular when getting on it.

IamNomad

Reaction score
I'm in the mountains in Colorado. Due to the high elevation octane is lower by 2 points. I use the highest that's available which is often only 89. Gas costs more up high too.
87 = 85 here
89 = 87 here
93 = 91 here