Misconceptions about fuel and power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, crap, I’m gonna wake up early, remove all my injections, my polio vaccine from 60 years ago, my measles, mumps, rubella, you name it, and ima sending them to injectionrx. Now I just need to know where under the back seat to find em.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, crap, I’m gonna wake up early, remove all my injections, my polio vaccine from 60 years ago, my measles, mumps, rubella, you name it, and ima sending them to injectionrx. Now I just need to know where under the back seat to find em.
Don't forget your gold filings and penir implant. :evil27:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't ethanol bad overall? Its what causes valves to get all gummed up
No, ethanol actually cleans the valves if port injection.

Before I actually ran my own tests on ethanol blended fuels I mostly believed it was bad, bad, bad. It is bad for any engine where the fuel system is open to atmosphere.

It is also “bad” for the environment because the US uses corn ethanol, so a basic food product. This issue will be much more serious as the next 2 years unfold.

However as I mentioned earlier it is a boon for high performance. The OP is mostly correct, but tends to beat his own “engineer” drum rather than expand his practical knowledge base. The fact that most (not all) fuel and oil additives are snake oil is a well-established fact long before this “engineer” came along.

The SeaFoam (and at least one copy cat brand) additive is actually quite good at cleaning ethanol gummed-up power tools that were not designed to use ethanol blended fuels. It also cleans carbon from the backs of valves in 4-stroke power sports engines.

Just some FYI, my primary 6-figure salary-paying job is to perform systems-level analysis precisely to educate the narrowly focused “engineers” where they’re wrong. …was that beating my own drum? Yeah, well it needed to be said.

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On another note, the RAP is sputtering a little bit. I might need to change these plugs.