GEN 1 Check engine Code p2254

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakko0o

Reaction score
Hello everyone just curious to know if this code is normal to come up at 23k miles with a stock 2014 Raptor.

O2 sensor negative current control circuit/open bank 2 sensor 1... In other words my driver side upstream sensor is indicating something is bad or the sensor itself is gone haywire.

Here’s the story when it went off. Friday the 13th me and the family decided to take a road trip to Hershey Park and stay for a few days. I currently live in NYC. The trip was about 183miles one way, 3hr drive. Checked the fluids and tire pressure the day prior and everything checked out, topped out tires to 44psi they were at 40 w/ a portable tire pressure unit I have for the road that I keep in the truck (was plugged in on the dash board). Started my run Friday night at 10pm noticed off the bat that the gps and my two USB ports were not working, thought screw it I might have popped a fuse with the small compressor. Pulled over at 12:30am Saturday for a short power nap truck off. 1am started truck back up and gps and usb now back up and running (weird). Saturday truck ran with no issues. Sunday evening 7:30pm had low fuel 1/4 in tank. Filled up 3/4 shell station 91 octane. Drove a few miles and noticed rough idle at red lights and while stopped in neutral. Check engine light came up hour later after fuel up. (FML!) Monday morning I ran to autozone to check the code. It popped as p2254. I immediately thought it was bad quality fuel that went inside engine. I got myself sea foam fuel treatment and threw it in the tank. Idle issue went away for the rest of the trip but check engine light was still on. Tuesday drove to NYC with no issues except at one point the check engine light started to flash then it stopped. Today was low on fuel again 1/4 in tank and topped of 3/4 idle issue came back up. Of course all this happens right after my warranty expires.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
-Herman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would change that O2 sensor out first. use Bosch or Denso . Disconnect battery afterwards that will reset the light an see if it comes on again. I believe the o2 sensors are under emission warranty and have a extended warranty . I would check that also

OP
OP
wakko0o

wakko0o

Reaction score
I would change that O2 sensor out first. use Bosch or Denso . Disconnect battery afterwards that will reset the light an see if it comes on again. I believe the o2 sensors are under emission warranty and have a extended warranty . I would check that also

Thank you, you answered two questions i wanted to ask in one shot lol. The factory sensor for our trucks are Bosch. And also I read on the extended emissions warranty and it seems like it will only cover the cat’s but it don’t hurt to call and find out. [emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: