Drive Mode

• Normal

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Sport

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Pedal Commander

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReallyNice

Reaction score
I'm new to the Raptor, and I'm curious what mode everyone uses for day to day on road driving. Normal can seem really lethargic at times, so I find myself changing to Sport alot. I've seen talk about Pedal Commanders (good and bad), so I'm not sure if that's something to consider...or just drive in Sport. I'm not really looking to tune now since the truck is so new so that's not really on the table.

CHanly83

Reaction score
1100 miles on mine and I put the COBB Accessport with the TCM function on it, seems to make it happier!

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ I’m considering doing that same thing as people seem to be pretty stoked on their tuned raptors.

But I put mine in sport every time I start it up. Gets rid of the auto start stop and feels a little peppier

OP
OP
ReallyNice

ReallyNice

Reaction score
I've considered the Cobb tune as well, but it sounds like it can be detected even when its uninstalled. IDK?

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Ya it’s a risk. I guess if you’re out of warranty and don’t care about resale then go for it. Or if you dgaf just do it once you hit 1k miles. I’m considering that route

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've considered the Cobb tune as well, but it sounds like it can be detected even when its uninstalled. IDK?

Yes, it can, and in the event of an engine failure, you'll be out of luck. Is it likely to cause an engine failure? Probably not. But that is still an aspect of any tune that should be taken into consideration.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t get a tune pedal commander is a must in my opinion. Love my tune much more however PC will get rid of the sluggishness.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use normal mode around town and sport on the freeway. I also have a pedal commander in the form of my right foot. Don’t need a gimmicky device telling the computer I’m pressing the pedal further and faster than I really am.