Transmission Wonkiness Poll

Looking for outcomes from those who have taken theirs in for the wandering trans shifting issues

• They fixed it!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • They said, "That's normal", so I gave up

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • They said, "That's normal" and I kept pushing and they fixed it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They said, "That's normal" and I kept pushing and they couldn't fix it.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • They tried to fix it, without me pushing, and nothing worked.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can feel some of the same tuning issues on my 2023 but it feels like a stick of butter was applied to the recipe. Things that used to cause me to go uh oh…what was that are now..hmm

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. Clunky, bangy...and in sport mode it sucked worse. I have a 17. Did a TCM tune from goose tuned and now it's better than any oem software

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same. Clunky, bangy...and in sport mode it sucked worse. I have a 17. Did a TCM tube from goose tuned and now it's better than any oem software
100% agree . If anyone is unhappy with shifts, just drop the cash on Goose tcm tune and be done with it. You’ll never have to think about it again.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I park in front of my house and pull a u turn to take my son to school or go to train, twice it has actually cut out on me or gone to neutral and then gone back into drive. I wonder if that is a linkage issue? These transmissions are not the smoothest and tend to hunt way too much. I have an MPT tune that has helped a little bit but it still hunts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I park in front of my house and pull a u turn to take my son to school or go to train, twice it has actually cut out on me or gone to neutral and then gone back into drive. I wonder if that is a linkage issue? These transmissions are not the smoothest and tend to hunt way too much. I have an MPT tune that has helped a little bit but it still hunts.
Are you referring to the cold 3-4 shift where it feels like it hesitates/loses power?

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happens too when it's cold start, it feels like loss of power.

No this is when I'm just u-turning and it will rev up a little bit and then jump like it went into neutral. Has only done it twice so far. I can report tomorrow as I was WFH today and will be heading to the train. I don't just drive off after start up, usually let it warm up for about 30 seconds to a minute before drive off.