New to the raptor world!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of trading my car for a 2010 raptor 5.7L, I have a question for those of you out there with high mileage. The one I'm looking at has over 60k miles which worries me a little but he does have an extended warranty for another 15k miles or so... Question is... Is this trade worth it? I don't want to buy the truck and instantly have to get the motor re built ya know? On the other hand this is my dream truck and it's a good trade... Most of the miles were highway he said due to his commuting from Reno,nv to so cal quite a bit any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
How much? If it's more than mid $30's I would say no. That may be too much. My 1st Raptor had 63,000 miles on it when I traded it...hard miles!!! :peace:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
No 5.7 in Raptor. If it's the 5.4 walk away. Those motors are nothing but trouble and are only good to use as a boat anchor.:party28:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially since your in primo offroad country! Wait and get the 6.2 is what I would suggest

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. built ford tough 15k warranty test drive it if it have it checked out by a tech. most important have fun.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning.........

i would never buy a used raptor........ they were specifically designed with offroad use in mind. same as i would never buy a used motorcycle.

commandershepard

Professional Player Hater
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We got ours used but it was only a year old with like 10k miles on it if that, plus it was the molten orange which you can't buy new anymore. I would walk away from that car and keep looking.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
morning.........

i would never buy a used raptor........ they were specifically designed with offroad use in mind. same as i would never buy a used motorcycle.

that's like saying I would never buy a boat..... they were specifically designed for water and it might have got wet.

make shure it is straight rpg is good at that and you can tell if he changed oil from records if he don't have them than I would say no thanks.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Damn ok, it's a really good trade he can't keep up on payments and I have a really nice modified car so we were going to do an even trade and get new loans so basically I am getting his for $28k and he's getting mine for $18k... Why are the 5.4's bad? I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row but unfortunately I cannot afford one new so when this trade opportunity came up I wanted to make the trade... It does still have the extended warranty... Would any 5.4L guys like to chime in and tell me whether or not it's crap like mentioned above?