New member from Florida-Excited to be here-my first raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, i have some input, everyone comes and says what mods they are going to do, I think often without considering why they are doing the mods. My suggestion is go to run the truck, see what its capable of and see what may or may not make sense afterwords. Many people should work on the "driver mod" before they focus on any other changes. I'm always learning more and the truck is still better than I am and better/more capable then most drivers.

Lights tho. Really you can never have enought lights I've found. I even run them on back roads at night. Super useful.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, i have some input, everyone comes and says what mods they are going to do, I think often without considering why they are doing the mods. My suggestion is go to run the truck, see what its capable of and see what may or may not make sense afterwords. Many people should work on the "driver mod" before they focus on any other changes. I'm always learning more and the truck is still better than I am and better/more capable then most drivers.

Lights tho. Really you can never have enought lights I've found. I even run them on back roads at night. Super useful.
Sure. Exactly. I went with the basics at first. Ppf and anti theft. I definitely want upgraded bumpers and a chase rack for aesthetic purposes mostly but also the added lights are great. I’m probably not going to do anything to the engine or suspension at all ever.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, i did PPF on my truck, i dont worry about pinstripes now. I enjoy my time offroad more because of this. Good choice. Good news is you are in FL where the aftermarket crap coated bumpers wont rust out. Up here in MI, its a process of repowder coating them every so often. The aftermarket companies coatings are eh at best and they dont take off any sharp edges which wont hold powder well, and guess what, thats where they start to rust from.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, i did PPF on my truck, i dont worry about pinstripes now. I enjoy my time offroad more because of this. Good choice. Good news is you are in FL where the aftermarket crap coated bumpers wont rust out. Up here in MI, its a process of repowder coating them every so often. The aftermarket companies coatings are eh at best and they dont take off any sharp edges which wont hold powder well, and guess what, thats where they start to rust from.
I’m from ny and so I know exactly what you’re talking about. Moved here a few years ago with the rest of the ny refugees. So much better off-I would never go back. The only thing here is there aren’t many places to go off-roading like I’m used to. I need to make local friends who know the scene.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A New Yawker who moved to Florida? Say it ain't so. lol.

Congrats. Beautiful truck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did it 30 years early.

Thank you!
good for you. I'd be right behind you but my wife doesn't like Florida. Too hot and humid, she says. No, she wants to move to Northern Idaho. And she's closing in on 70. I said winter ain't no joke there. Give me hot and sunny any day.