New to Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I'm new to the Raptor world.. I won this truck in a raffle about a month ago.. it's a 2011 with about 55,000 miles, came as you see it.. the only thing I've done was the fuse 27 relocation, add a new sound system with backup camera and power folding mirrors ( to fit it in my garage).. is there anything I should really look out for besides regular maintenance ?
Congrats my man and welcome fellow raffle winner! Enjoy! I won a 1936 Harley Davidson Knucklehead (hence the user name) from the Wheels Through Time Museum back in 2011.

brianc5477

Reaction score
I'm new to the Raptor world.. I won this truck in a raffle about a month ago.. it's a 2011 with about 55,000 miles, came as you see it.. the only thing I've done was the fuse 27 relocation, add a new sound system with backup camera and power folding mirrors ( to fit it in my garage).. is there anything I should really look out for besides regular maintenance ?
How did you add the power folding mirrors?

OP
OP
ggarza5492

ggarza5492

Reaction score
How did you add the power folding mirrors?
Go to F150forum.com and search power folding mirrors.. there's a set of instructions on what to do and what you need to buy.. I just followed the instructions and everything works.. I bought the mirrors and switch from rockauto and the connector pins from Amazon.. cost was around $350.. I did all the work so no labor cost, just an afternoon of work.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol.. there's a guy on YouTube ( streetspeed717 ) who does drawing for different vehicles all the time.. you just have to buy something from the merchandise they sell and your entered.. I bought a $30 t-shirt and ended up winning.. I did of course have to pay ttl when I registered it here in Texas.. but it's better than paying 30 or 40k.
Congrats on a gem bud. That’s incredible man I’m subscribed to his channel and always thought there was a catch to winning a vehicle so I never bought any of the merchandise. But now I see it’s legit. Yea you scored big time with just paying tttl. I vote for putting some good full synthetic oil in and a quality oil filter on. I’m a fan of the k&n drop in air filter. It’s supposed to breathe easier then the the paper one and is washable/re-lubeable. Enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
ggarza5492

ggarza5492

Reaction score
Congrats on a gem bud. That’s incredible man I’m subscribed to his channel and always thought there was a catch to winning a vehicle so I never bought any of the merchandise. But now I see it’s legit. Yea you scored big time with just paying tttl. I vote for putting some good full synthetic oil in and a quality oil filter on. I’m a fan of the k&n drop in air filter. It’s supposed to breathe easier then the the paper one and is washable/re-lubeable. Enjoy the ride.
Well... there is one catch... you have to claim the total amount of the value of the vehicle as additional income on your taxes.. which in my case I had to add like almost 40k to my total income for last year and the put me in a higher tax bracket, soooo now I owe the IRS a little over 8k.. so just be prepared for that.. other than that, it's not to bad.